Computer Programmer Analyst
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 153636-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 153636
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salida; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The Meter to Cash System (MTCS) - Application Development, Billing team is responsible for software development and implementation of new functionality within the CC&B (Customer Care & Billing) system. The team works closely with technical analysts to assure delivery of quality products and services. Working with the release manager, this team ensures that service requests are completed, and defects are fixed in an efficient and timely manner.
In addition, the developers from each area support their clients by providing technical expertise in diagnosing potential Configuration and Rates issues and developing technical designs.
We are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate business applications/programs within the IT Meter to Cash Customer Billing framework. You will analyze for CC&B configuration to implement customer improvement process changes, implement Rate Structural and values changes in CC&B system. You will consult with business analysts to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs, then assist in the definition, development, and documentation of deliverables and specifications on a project-by-project basis as defined in the IT Methodology, in collaboration with business analyst and other project team members. Successful candidates can anticipate client concerns and questions and provide timely, professional, straight forward (non-technical) communications. This position requires strong technical and analytical skills, clear written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and coding best practices.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory and will be agreed upon by the successful candidate and hiring leader.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $85,000
Bay Area Maximum: $127,000
California Minimum: $81,000
Californina Maximum: $121,000
- Responsible for CC&B development: Implement CC&B Rates changes – work with technical analyst, business stakeholders to understand requirements; analyze system-wide impacts; design cost-effective solutions.
- Configure Rate calculation tables in CC&B per business requirements.
- Active participation in functional and technical specification meetings to understand business requirements and implementation approach.
- Provide insight in new approaches or solutions working with the team to devise the best approach.
- Collaborates with Project Manager on complex project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies.
- Prepare detail designs and conduct walkthroughs.
- Perform unit test of changes and provide direction and support to testing teams to validate changes and system functionality.
- Support the migration to move Soft Tables into various environments
- Client Support - Provide support to the client during normal business hours on system design and operation. Provide guidance to clients regarding business requirements and alternative options not yet considered.
- Safety - Utmost concern is safety for oneself and those around them. Conduct and promote a safe work environment. Attend and comply with all safety meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong business/technical analytical and organizational skills
- Strong Relational Database experience for configuration and migration
- Working knowledge of CC&B (Customer Care and Billing) - Billing and rates
- Experience analyzing functional requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Able to work independently, as well as cooperatively, in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to enhance the end-user experience
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- IT Business Operations Analyst-ESC Oakland, California