Construction Manager, Senior - Flexible Location
Requisition ID # 152119
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Non-PG&E Non-US Off Shore Work Location; Non-PG&E US Work Location; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salida; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Washington D.C.; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy to nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Aerial & Specialized Inspections Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for facilitating and supporting system inspections performed by Aerial Drone and Helicopter field operations teams. The CM works with various stakeholders to develop strategic flight plans that will gather accurate and adequate data for thorough desktop inspections and support the business in achieving our yearly inspection targets.
This position is hybrid; 50% travel required. Headquarter location is flexible within PG&E service territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000
Bay Area Maximum: $162,000
California Minimum: $97,000
California Maximum: $154,000
- Works closely with Work Management & Resources to validate comprehensive work plan.
- Compiles and interprets work scope and relevant data for Field Inspection teams. Following start of inspections, consults and supports mitigation of schedule and access issues with office and field teams.
- Develop strategic flight plan to achieve year end workplan targets.
- Monitor daily activities and make appropriate flight notifications to federal and state agencies.
- Leads job scope discussions and attends scope reviews to provide access and execution input.
- Addresses all communication and inspection documentation issues with field teams and desktop inspection review team supervisors.
- Utilize workload management database, update any assigned projects, and reviews workload analysis reports for action.
- Acts as point of contact for Inspection Supervisors, ensures the execution plan and assigned resources are adequate to deliver the highest value. Obtains any information, resources, services or materials needed to maintain the execution workflow, budget and schedule from all stakeholders.
- Develops, manages, and communicates 3-week look ahead schedules to all impacted stake holders.
- Coordinate resolution of access issues identified by field teams and provide resolution feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in the field of Industrial engineering or Construction
- 7 years working experience in the field of Industrial Engineering or Construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Electric Transmission Construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Electric Transmission Inspections.
- Ability to perform cost and project scheduling.