Director, Billing Systems
Requisition ID # 145176
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Director/Chief
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Business Finance teams provide financial planning, reporting, and analytics services to PG&E. Serves as the primary contact for all finance and accounting, operational performance, and budget and forecasting inquiries for a specific functional area within PG&E. This involves providing budget planning, forecasting and reporting support to each functional area. Jobs in the Business Finance Leadership job family provide management guidance and oversight to employees on the assigned Business Finance team.
The successful candidate will lead a team of managers, supervisors and analysts that support the Electric Distribution Operations, Electric Operations Project & Construction, and Transmission Substation M&C Functional Areas. The candidate will work closely with the Business Finance Electric Operations Sr. Director to define and achieve the team's strategic objectives. The director will be responsible for developing his/her team members and driving a culture that encourages and rewards critical thought, high-quality work, efficiency, accountability, collegiality, and safety.
The successful candidate will also help PG&E attain its goals by leveraging her/his exceptional communication, interpersonal, technical, analytical, statistical, and strategic skills, while applying the highest work ethic and commitment to developing / leading one's employees. Partner with leaders to drive high performance and execute business goals and priorities. Establish and maintain effective partnerships with the Electric Operations team, aimed at identifying and understanding the business needs and providing strategic tools and guidance. Develop deep understanding of business drivers and financial levers to provide strategic decision support.
This position reports to the Business Finance Sr. Director for Electric Operations, Major Infrastructure Delivery, Electric Engineering, Operations Support, Wildfire Risk, and Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Partner with leaders to drive high performance and execute business goals and priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with Electric Operations aimed at identifying and understanding the business needs and providing strategic tools and guidance.
- Develop and execute short and long-term plans within the resource requirements and budget to meet department goals and objectives.
- Develop deep understanding of business drivers and financial levers to provide strategic decision support.
- Lead and provide consultation to model financial performance under various regulatory scenarios, and resource constraints.
- Lead, support, and provide advice on the following major financial endeavors: monthly financial reviews, multi-year planning process, program forecasts, and trends.
- Responsible and accountable for developing appropriate sophisticated forecasting models for the programs supported.
- Provide strategic and expert financial advice and policy interpretation on all levels of financial activity.
- Partner with program managers to ensure program priorities are aligned at the functional area as well as at the utility.
- Act as a consultant to leaders on operational performance management tools and measurement.
- Drive process improvements, including root causes analyses.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards to support business operating plans and goals.
- Interpret financial and operating results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and implement analytical techniques to gain insights on operational results.
- Ensure that business transactions are captured to yield actionable business results.
- Develops and leads a team of managers, principals, and experts through assignments and provides prompt and constructive feedback on individual performance through: employee goals, development plans, training plans.
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
- 10 years of experience within a medium to large scale company. Experience should include at least five years leading a team, including setting goals, budgets and objectives
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative field of study
- CPA and/or CFA
- Six Sigma Expertise – Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt
- 12 years of relevant experience, including five years leading a team
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Ability to execute tactically as well as depict the whole idea / strategic analysis
- Exceptional time management skills to deal with tight deadlines
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Successful track record of working collaboratively with teams
- Proven track record of fiscal responsibility and/or financial planning and management
- Understanding of Utility Accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model to consult on program issues
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $174,000
Bay Area Maximum: $296,000
California Minimum: $165,000
California Maximum: $281,000
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.