Director, Enterprise Network Architecture
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 153318-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 153318
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Director/Chief
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The ideal leader will be a fast moving, customer and people centric, business driven technologist with diverse skillsets including strong servant leadership skills adept management skills with a deep passion and knowledge for Agile, and a thought leader in DevOps with a track record of building trusted relationships built upon results.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $178,000
Bay Area Maximum: $304,000
- Manages the assessment and mitigation of risk. Analyzes, prioritizes and consolidates this risk and assesses its potential impact to the organization/business as well as on each project individually and within the program as a whole.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of the most complex, larger scale, and cross-functional new/enhanced systems on time, in scope and within budget.
- Establishes individual and organizational objectives that are aligned with company goals. Implements PG&E practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to the business partners and IT project/program team.
- Provides strategy, planning and leadership for all IT Infrastructure and Operations initiatives required for the business to achieve its objectives.
- Understands business requirements and provides technology vision and strategy for PG&E I&O organization
- Proactively provides expert knowledge of industry trends and technologies as it relates to specific opportunities where technology can enhance value to the PG&E business unit and/or addresses a specific business need.
- Help to translate the business capability needs and requirements of the PG&E business units into a comprehensive, integrated technology strategy and roadmap.
- Manages and accountable for the successful implementation of complex and highly visible, high impact new/enhanced systems on time, in scope and within budget
- Works with IT leadership and business partners to prioritize projects
- Supports the annual technology planning process on behalf of I&O.
- Provides IT services that include planning, development, implementation and support for systems solutions required for the PG&E line of businesses
- Conducts analyses of asset deployment, use and acquisition, and dispose of nonperforming assets; evaluates and assess risks as part of the life cycle analysis of portfolio components.
- Utilizes various tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project/program including physical, financial and human capital costs.
- Leads the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs
- Accountable for negotiating conflicts and ensuring identified issues are resolved.
- Provides leadership and motivation to team members
- Ensures that the project/program outcome reflects the goals of the organization/business.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all projects
- Ensures compliance to Standards/regulations and governance processes
- Ensures timely and effective communication regarding the mapping of initiatives to business goals to business partners, including presenting information to IT and business leaders outlining portfolio specifics.
- Acts as a liaison and conduit for information flow between the department team and the rest of the IT and business community, as well as with appropriate external stakeholders; manages the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Collaborates with other teams in the delivery and sharing of concepts to leverage across portfolios
- Monitors program results against technical specifications.
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to each project/program.
- Develops relationship across IT, with the goal of growing meaningful relationships that will facilitate collaborations and communications.
- Continuous monitoring of emerging tools and technologies to assure the most appropriate technology is being proposed and deployed
- Drives and contributes to the continuous improvement of Infrastructure components, monitoring and processes
- Develops and manage to a set of meaningful metrics to demonstrate the efficiency and effectiveness of the team on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Ensures compliance to standards/regulations and governance processes
- Communicates and champions the infrastructure requirements necessary to execute the IT portfolio
- Manages employees, contractors and vendors for the efficient delivery of services Highly collaborative, able to work cross- functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field
- (10) years of IT management or IT architecture experience
- (5) years experience managing an enterprise architecture practice
- M.S./M.B.A. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, business administration, engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus
- Experience in the Utility industry/business.
- Proficient in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management
- ITIL Certification: Foundations, Practitioner, Manager
- Project Management Institute Certification: Project Management Professional
- Six Sigma Certification: Green belt, black belt, master black belt
- Infrastructure Discipline Platform Specific Certifications. For example, VMware, MS Windows, Hitachi, Cisco, etc.
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- IT Business Operations Analyst-ESC Oakland, California