Expert Business Finance Analyst
Requisition ID # 155303
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
PG&E’s Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes but is not limited to financial analysis, budgeting, planning, and forecasting, monitoring, performance metric reporting and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company’s strategic, operational, and financial objectives.
The successful candidate will serve as the Expert Business Finance Analyst supporting Electric Operations. As a member of the Business Finance Electric Operations team, you will help define and achieve the team’s strategic objectives. You will be responsible for helping the Director Business Finance Electric Operations toward developing the team members and driving a culture that encourages and rewards thought leadership, critical thinking, high-quality work, ethics, efficiency, action, accountability, collegiality, and safety.
This role will serve as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis. You will serve as the main point of contract and liaison for Enterprise and Electric Affordability / Waste Elimination Center (WEC) initiatives and other special enterprise projects. You will integrate with the client organization and become a trusted financial and strategic thought leader. In sum, this opportunity will balance and utilize your functional expertise, intellectual curiosity, ethics, and people skills to build and maintain integrative relationships and ensure best in class decision support and recommendation.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and in-person in the Oakland General Office 2-3x monthly or based on business needs.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed between the entry point and the middle of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $114,000
Bay Area Maximum: $182,000
- Works on complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgement to obtain results or solutions.
- Partner with leaders to drive high performance and execute business goals and priorities.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with LOBs aimed at identifying and understanding the business needs and providing strategic tools and guidance.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert in area of field.
- Rate Case support – business case development / validation.
- Leads moderately to complex projects which may be cross functional.
- Support standardization of financial reporting, analytics, and modeling across business units
- Act as a consultant to Business Finance leaders and analysts on analytics, modeling, and data management/visualization tools.
- Drive process improvements, including root causes analyses when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering, quantitative or related field of study, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of work experience within a medium to large scale company
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, preferably utility
- Previous experience directly or indirectly leading teams to include setting goals, budgets and objectives
- CPA and/or CFA
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Ability to execute tactically as well as depict the whole idea / strategic analysis
- Exceptional time management skills to deal with tight deadlines
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Successful history of working collaboratively with teams
- Understanding of Utility Accounting fundamentals and the PG&E cost model to consult on program issues