Expert Business Process Analyst- Bay Area
Requisition ID # 146633
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Service Planning and Design (SP&D) organization is responsible for delivery of electric and gas services to new and existing PG&E customers. SP&D operations include: customer communications, customer project management, gas and electric service design and pricing, coordination with dependency (Land, Environmental, Permitting, Joint Pole) and construction partner organizations.
Business Process Analysts evaluate the effectiveness of, and recommend improvements to, business process, practice, and procedures. Business process related activities are focused on measuring and improving quality, cost effectiveness, efficiency, customer satisfaction and other desired business outcomes and strategic business decisions.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
- Effectiveness and Root Cause Analysis: Evaluates and measures success of various business processes, practices and procedures and finds opportunities for improvements. Compiles and analyzes data, documents work process and procedures, conducts internal and/or external surveys and interviews in order to identify and quantify issues and recommend solutions.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business process related metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Quality Assurance: Develops and updates quality standards, monitors quality, identifies issues and recommends improvements.
- Business Process Improvement: Business process improvement activities in support of the business, including process mapping and re-design.
- Training Content Development and Delivery: May develop and/or deliver end-to-end process training in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Project Management: May lead projects, determine scope, budget, timeframes, form teams, assign tasks, manage resources and issues.
Location is flexible within the Bay Area region of PG&E’s Service Territory, please note hiring leader will make final decision of what are appropriate headquarters for the role based on business need.
Position will require up to approximately 10% of travel time in work schedule.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the Bay Area region of PG&E’s Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum:$109,000
Bay Area Maximum:$175,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6 years of related or equivalent experience.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree.
- LSS Green Belt
- LSS Black Belt
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and (Technical) Competencies
- Extensive knowledge of different qualitative and quantitative analytical methods, approaches and tactics.
- Broad expertise in business process, root cause process improvement and data analysis concepts, methods and techniques.
- Creative problem-solving skills to develop process solutions.
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling arguments based on complex business environments and inputs.
- Influence skills to effectively gain consensus from leaders inside and outside of the department.
- Knowledge and understanding of key process drivers affecting business results.
- Project management skills to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams.
- Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Project, Visio or similar software.
- Performs root cause analysis on highly complex processes that have cross functional impact.
- Applies advanced knowledge to wide-ranging process issues affecting the business.
- Develops innovative process solutions to address complex business issues. Presents findings and proposed recommendations to leaders.
- Develop business cases in support of strategy or change initiatives.
- Works with and leverages relationships with Directors and Managers across process functions / PG&E.
- Develops/delivers end-to-end process training materials to better support business needs.
- May lead cross-functional projects or initiatives.