Expert Data Quality Lead
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 147257-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 147257
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; American Canyon; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Washington D.C.; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Leads the implementation of Data Quality Programs for functional areas. Leads the execution of end-to-end Data Quality processes as per defined in the Data Quality Playbook and serves as key contributor to achieving Data Quality enablement, monitoring, and remediation objectives.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $162,000.00
California Minimum: $97,000.00
California Maximum: $154,000.00
- Be an advocate of the Enterprise vision for Data Management and Data Quality across the organization. Engage with leadership, Data Stewards, and other key stakeholders to drive adoption of Enterprise Data Management best practices.
- Partners with data leaders across various functional areas to understand data quality requirements and data quality goals.
- Assesses the data management and data quality maturity within functional area and partner with stakeholders to define a roadmap of initiatives to advance on data quality goals, including initiatives related to creating and developing data management standards.
- Partners with Business Data Stewards, IT, and other cross-functional teams to secure the adoption and execution of the End-to-End Enterprise process for Data Quality (Data Quality Playbook) for in-scope critical data assets/ domains.
- Supports the identification of critical data assets and elements within in-scope domain.
- Supports the identification, alignment and onboarding process for Data Owners and Data Stewards for in-scope data assets.
- Facilitates process of Metadata configuration for in-scope data assets
- Leads the identification, prioritization, and enablement of data quality rules, data quality metrics, and data quality reporting.
- Ensures implementation of a data quality prioritization and remediation workflows
- Partners with Enterprise Data Management Leadership to refine and augment Enterprise Guidelines, processes, and frameworks for effective Data Management, including that of Data Quality Playbook
- Conducts data quality & data profiling research: Writes complex SQL queries / reviews datasets against defined data quality dimensions to determine root cause for data quality errors and make recommendations for long-term solutions.
- Creates data visualization dashboards.
- Develops ad-hoc data quality reports, produce data quality metrics.
- Advises on architecting and configuring Metadata; supports enablement of Data Dictionaries
- Program Manages workplans, milestones, activities, and risks for the defined objectives supporting the assigned functional area.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise supporting the development and delivery of training content for Business Data Stewards and other audiences in the Data Quality domain.
- Leads different working, program status, and other governance forums to secure alignment of all activities to the defined objectives.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Data Quality implementation, data management
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or Engineering
- Experience in Electric and Gas Utility industry
- Detail-oriented with ability to focus on managing multiple reports and processes.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with proven ability to establish and cultivate relationships with vendors and business SMEs.
- Strong knowledge of data quality best practices and working experience on data quality tools and technologies like IDQ/Ataccama/Talend/Alteryx
- Strong knowledge of data visualization tools like Power BI/Tableau/MicroStrategy
- Strong knowledge of data validation techniques and processes
- Knowledge of RDBMS, data base engineering, data modeling, ETL, MDM and data warehousing
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- IT Business Operations Analyst-ESC Oakland, California