Expert Programmer Analyst - COBOL
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 153576-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 153576
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The IT Meter to Cash Billing team is responsible for software development and implementation of new functionality within the Customer Care and Billing system and its Direct Interfaces. This team works closely with the IT business analyst team to assure delivery of products and services that are top quality.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate business applications/programs within the IT Meter to Cash Customer Billing framework. The candidate must be able to support the IT Meter to Cash systems such as FT/GL, Bill Print and Java Direct Interfaces. In particular, the candidate must have knowledge of Micro Focus COBOL and the Java Spring Batch Framework.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $122,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $194,000.00
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Primary responsibilities include gathering and analyzing complex business requirements for designing and creating applications in order to provide best solutions for the client utilizing Micro focus COBOL and Java Spring Batch
- Engaging and keeping relationships with clients and peers. Interacting with clients and Business Analysts for requirement gathering and analysis
- Plans, coordinates, tests and implements application software related to Java Spring Batch and COBOL Interfaces using agile methodology
- Support development and testing teams to resolve issues and collaborate with other IT staff to design, develop, and implement business objectives.
- Writing SQL queries to extract large amounts of data from Oracle CC&B database
- Developing UNIX scripts to execute jobs to output files for transferring to interfacing systems using SFTP, UC4 FTP file transfer protocol.
- Development of Requirements details, Development and Unit testing
- Production deployment support, stabilization support, rotating on-call support for critical issues
- Develop technical design documents/runbook for new interfaces based upon requirements
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of experience in analysis, design and development of applications using Micro focus COBOL
- Proficient in building SQL queries to manage and manipulate large amounts of customer transactional data
- Database: design and analysis
- Proven knowledge with programming principals to enhance system performance
- Multiple programming languages experience
- Strong knowledge of Java, COBOL, UNIX, Spring Framework, Spring Batch, JDBC, HIBERNATE, Web Services (Soap, Http, WSDL, Restful).
- Languages: Java, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, Micro focus COBOL, Java script: XSL, XML, HTML
- Tools: Eclipse, GitHub, Maven, WebLogic, UC4 job scheduler, Oracle SQL Developer
- Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows 10, IBM/AIX
- Be able to design as an individual but within the framework of the team and product
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to maintain efficiency, consistency and achieve successful implementation of system enhancement
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- IT Business Operations Analyst-ESC Oakland, California