Expert Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID # 137093
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Oakland
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Designs, develops, modifies, configures, debugs and evaluates Salesforce applications programs for functional business areas. Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Consults with business analysts and architects to understand, anticipate, and meet current and future business needs. Modifies and configures applications/systems as specified in the requirements and/or technical design document. Prepares and obtains approval of system and development documentation.
- The candidate will be leading Salesforce development programs customer care organization
- Freedom of Action: Regularly called on to apply creativity or new approaches to technical assignments that may be unique. May lead others on technically complex projects or work. Solid understanding of the impact to all application areas of systems/sub- systems modifications and enhancements; understands impact to business; has broad, over-arching understanding of impact to IT. Leads teams of programmer- analysts
- Internal/External Contact: Regularly represents team and/or manager at client meetings to drive Salesforce implementations
- Collaborates with Project Manager on complex large project timelines, identifying critical path, resource assignments, risks, and dependencies on going Salesforce projects.
- None; Provides guidance to less experienced programmer and is team lead on cross- functional projects and initiatives
- Problem Solving: Resolves application development problems of complex scope through cross-functional team participation for Salesforce platform
- Serves as key technical resource with areas of Salesforce platform
- The incumbent determines methods and procedures on new assignments with accepted technical guidelines and company policies/procedures.
- Work Scope: Provides broad cross- functional and technological expertise on Salesforce. Assignments are broad and complex, have major associated risks with high visibility, and can be sensitive or widely varied requiring expert judgment in applying and adapting techniques. Collaborates and establishes existing Application Development Frameworks and Coding standard. Support governance of development standards and frameworks. Responsible for larger initiatives such as transitioning to new technologies. Full understanding of combined technical, business, and processes areas. Advanced and full knowledge of business requirements; translates complex business language to functional and technical designs. Solid understanding of PG&E Delivery Method and compliance processes and impact to client projects. May recommend and implement process improvements to methodology and compliance processes. Applies significant technical concepts of subject area and procedures and techniques; ability to use and define tech
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in programming analysis, 7 years
- Proven knowledge with Salesforce programming principals to enhance system performance
- Salesforce programming languages experience
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, development teams