Expert Programmer Analyst
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 148705-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 148705
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively to deliver high quality technology solutions.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual to lead operations for mission critical contact center salesforce application platform. The candidate must be able to engage with business stakeholders, managed services operations team and IT leadership and provide the best in line operational experience for our end users.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top half of the range described below, but the decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $122,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $194,000.00
California Minimum: $116,000.00
California Maximum: $184,000.00
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Lead and own operations for mission critical Contact center Salesforce/Velocity Service Platform application and Customer Integration Hub (AWS).
- Partner with Managed Services Vendor support team on daily operations, defect management and maintenance activities.
- Provide thoughtful feedback analysis, operational monitoring, troubleshooting and error resolution to prevent inaccuracies, reduce process latency, and drive process excellence
- Partner with business stakeholders and help prioritize operational defects for resolution.
- Ensure compliance with Incident management and change management processes
- Capitalize on opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency by driving key automation and productivity initiatives
- Ensure best practices are followed for performance tuning, security and data governance
- Lead development teams for enhancement deliveries
- Plan and schedule regular maintenance/patching activities as needed.
- Production deployment support, stabilization support, rotating on-call support for critical issues
- Report out to IT and business leadership on operations status
- Work very closely with Salesforce and AWS architects to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Maintain a productive working environment for operations and development teams
- Be a strong advocate for a culture of quality across the team
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- More than 7 years of experience in leading operations and development teams
- Proven knowledge with programming principals to enhance system performance
- Multiple programming languages experience
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, development teams
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Velocity, Mulesoft and AWS.
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management principles
- Excellent verbal/written communication and collaboration skills and a strong work ethic
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to maintain efficiency, consistency and achieve successful implementation of system enhancement and maintain system health.
- Experience working with technology and business partners to develop secure and scalable solutions
- Experience working as an Agile/Technical Lead in an Agile environment
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to build strong relationships with and influence at the Director level of leadership
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Able to further community & elevate team performance
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has strong sense of ownership
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
- Expert Solutions Architect Oakland, California
- Expert Programmer Analyst Oakland, California
- Senior Manager, GIS CoE Operations Oakland, California