Expert Regulatory RO Analyst
Requisition ID # 144509
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Capital Accounting and Regulatory Recovery department is proud to provide enterprise-level capital accounting and advice, capitalization policies, regulatory forecasting, and revenue requirement analysis to help PG&E operate. We lead and manage the accounting for the Company’s property, plant and equipment and asset retirement obligations. We develop financial and accounting models. We deliver expert testimony in regulatory proceedings that enable timely cost recovery and financial success. We care deeply about reinventing PG&E to making California’s clean energy future a reality, while also directly supporting the Triple Bottom Line (People, Planet, and Prosperity).
Within the Department, the Revenue Requirement and Cost Analysis team plays a critical role in PG&E’s regulatory and financial proceedings for cost recovery. The team is a thought leader and a dynamic business partner. We are responsible for revenue requirement forecast, developing financial modeling and calculations, preparing analytics, insights, and recommendations that enable informed decision making by PG&E senior management. It is a dynamic and exciting environment driven by internal strategy, regulatory requirements, cost of service analysis and customer impacts. We invest in our team’s success and bring joy at work.
The successful candidate will be the revenue requirement expert on the Results of Operations (RO) modeling team supporting PG&E’s important regulatory rate cases. The position is responsible for creating RO models for expenses and capital investments for specific programs that fit PG&E’s strategic future. As an expert witness, the successful candidate will partner with the regulatory case management team and business functional areas by preparing and sponsoring testimony, exhibits, workpapers, and discovery responses. In addition, the position involves internal analysis for policy research, strategic decisions, reports, trending, and validation. Internal analysis examples include developing scenarios for capital related revenue requirement and rate base forecast, as well as financial cost drivers’ presentation to support regulatory filings, settlement negotiations and business decision making.
The Expert should have strong analytical skills, be customer oriented, proactive in planning, and self-directed. He or she should have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and persuasive manner.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and Oakland General Office based on business needs.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
California Minimum: $108,000
California Maximum: $173,000
- Works independently on complex assignments such as calculations of capital revenue requirements, analysis of capital investments and rate base by developing ad hoc reports, statistics, trends, and profiles
- Prepares materials and/or communications for senior management, client organizations, and regulators
- Supports implementation of major rate case decisions
- Acts as expert witness (or witness assistant) for regulatory cases of high complexity
- Leads quality assurance reviews and resolves issues with affected parties
- Develops and maintains constructive cross-organizational relationships within PG&E and with peers at the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) and other utilities
- Present RO Model information at commission workshops
- Lead and support team members on various tasks and special projects such as process improvement initiatives
- Provides coaching and training to less experienced peers
- Lead cross functional process improvement initiatives
- BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent related experience
- 6 years of related experience
- Expert Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of PG&E’s business model to perform cost of service forecasting and analysis for rate case filings and management decision support.
- Strong knowledge of the case management procedures and process.
- MS/MBA degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent related experience.
- Expert knowledge of Utility ratemaking and comprehensive understanding of capital revenue requirement modeling and cost recovery.
- Thorough understanding of PG&E’s business model to perform cost of service forecasting and analysis for rate case filings and management decision support.
- Knowledge of SAP accounting systems.
- MS Excel macro programming and Database knowledge.