Field Engineering Technician-ESC (Oakland)I'm Interested Date posted 09/15/2020
Requisition ID # 50322
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Oakland
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. As a whole, Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
The Field Engineering Technician inspects, and evaluates various maintenance and construction documentation for quality and compliance with PG&E’s requirements. The FET must be able to interpret documentation which is evidence of compliance with company work procedures. The FET prepares, conducts and documents quality assessments in accordance with established quality review processes. The FET monitors quality, identifies issues, reports findings and may recommend process improvements.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
May vary from 20% - 50% office to office travel, with minimum overnight travel.
• Evaluates compliance with PG&E guidance documents for maintenance and construction documentation per established quality review processes.
• 50% ensures submitted documentation is complete and accurate; 50% ensures field work is preformed correctly; safety standards and procedures have been followed and work was completed in a timely manner and per company requirements.
• Follows established corrective action process for quality findings, leveraging the Corrective Action Program when appropriate
• Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to inform, initiate, and ensure correction when discrepancies are found.
• Communicates with field personnel and supervisors to ensure resolution of issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Communicates with peers inside and outside of the department providing information and exchanging ideas and data.
• Works independently and uses various methods, approaches and tactics to resolve problems and obtain solutions.
• Adheres to data and record management as required
• Work Procedures and Standards & Policies pertaining to assigned QA/QC work.
• Ability to learn new concepts quickly and adapt to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Conflict resolution skills including listening and persuasion to obtain compliance.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
• Must have a valid California Driver's License
• Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
• Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
• Internal PG&E employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to applying for the position
• External and Hiring Hall applicants: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB) exam prior to interviewing for the position
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds a minimum of one time a day
• Experience in field work, gas
• Ability to demonstrate basic to intermediate Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Office skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong math and computer skills, strong written and verbal communication and an attention to detail
- Physical Test Battery