Field Operations Superintendent, East Bay
Requisition ID # 146041
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: Oakland
The Coworkers of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Manages teams involved in maintaining or building parts, command & control outage response, and monitoring and restoration efforts of the system-wide service territory distribution grid. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, and all procedures and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements. Analyze and prioritize outages to determine most efficient restoration needs. Implements safety policies and best practices and manages employee #s accountability. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Programs.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although, we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Annual Minimum: $140,000.00
Annual Maximum: $238,000.00
- Ensures the department meets all legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Establishes assessment systems and monitors activities to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Works to address the needs of customers and develops comprehensive solutions/offerings that address complex needs across all customer segments.
- Delivers on Budget, on Plan, and on Purpose the Capital Budget, Expense Budget, Unit Costs, Labor Costs, Overtime, Project Schedule Milestones, Complete Critical Projects, and Complete Maintenance Plans.
- Ensures and ongoing state of readiness and effective plans for emergency response for significant situations and system-wide electrical events.
- Represents the company in contacts with other utilities, various industry boards, committees, regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, and other private organizations.
- Collaborates with others to identify, analyze and improve existing business processes within a department to meet new goals and objectives.
- Plans for and coordinates process improvement activities to ensure consistency, cohesiveness and sharing of best practices.
- Leads the responding and resolving field troubleshooting requests.
- Ensures maintenance and construction work in assigned area is completed on time, within budget and quality expectations while adhering to safety and regulatory compliance.
- High-School Diploma or GED
- Seven (7) years of related experience in electric utility maintenance, construction, or operations, and 3 years supervisory experience
- Cluster-Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience, union-represented employees
- Leadership experience, electric construction