Financial Planning and Analysis Supervisor - Office of the CIO
Requisition ID # 136164
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Oakland
The Office of the CIO (OCIO) represents the cross-functional IT Management capabilities that enable running the business of IT. The OCIO focuses on supporting IT's operation model by ensuring a consistent, transparent, and efficient approach to the way the IT organization delivers value to its partners. The core of the OCIO consists of four areas essential to the long-term success of IT: Contract Management, Culture, Program Management Office and Investment Management.
The Supervisor position of the IT Contract Management is responsible for the strategic planning and consolidated management of contracting activities across the entire IT department. This role will lead a team responsible for a combination of IT contract and financial management.
Ideal candidate would possess Financial Management, Sourcing/Procurement/Contracts experience.
This role is a leadership position, reporting directly to the Manager of the Office of the CIO.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Manage the collection, consolidation and communication of reporting and data on vendor contracts, performance, risk and relationships to key stakeholders and vendors
- Coordinate with asset management resources (where applicable) to assist in the management and tracking of software and hardware assets
- Manage the maintenance of the contract management database to track key dates (expirations, renewals) and assess demand
- Maintain an inventory of vendor spend (often in collaboration with other areas, such as finance and procurement) by category (software, hardware, telecom, staff augmentation, services)
- Classify and rationalize the vendor portfolio in partnership with Sourcing so that focus can be applied to the most strategically important vendor relationships/engagements
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance are properly tied to business outcomes and contractual obligations
- Puts together contract forecast and provides insight and analytics to the contacting process by collecting and reporting quality data
- Oversees the administration of executed contracts including the goods receipts and the reconciliation of invoicing with an eye to keep the billing correct
- Provides leadership and tactical support to contract stewards, data analysts to develop and complete the annual planning process of updating forecasts and developing budgets for the following fiscal year
- Manages a portfolio of Telecom Expense Management personnel which are responsible for maintaining critical IT communication and ISP services for the entire company in an affordable and effective manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 3 years of IT project/program management, or infrastructure/operations experience
- 5 years experience in Sourcing/Procurement/Contracts
- 5 years experience in Financial Management
- Strong knowledge of business and financial planning, professional concepts as they apply to the IT organization
- Experience with budgeting process
- Experience managing a portfolio size of at least $100 million per year
- Master's Degree in job-related discipline
- Experience in program management, large-scale
- Competency in building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Competency in planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Solid problem-solving skills (i.e., exercises independent judgment and discretion to perform assigned tasks from low to average complexity using established procedures, standards, and guidelines)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills