Manager, Business Technology
Requisition ID # 135125
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location: Oakland
At PG&E, the Data and Analytics organization is focused on unlocking the value of PG&E’s data to support the company’s Wildfire Safety Program. As part of that focus, we focus on delivering data and AI/ML centric products to support these initiatives. Some of the products that are being delivered include Remote Inspections, AI Enabled Inspections, Vegetation Management through LiDAR capabilities, Transmission Line Asset Data Foundation, Electric Distribution Asset Data Foundation, Asset Risk Modeling, and a Cloud Native Foundational Platform. A critical part of how we operate is to apply design thinking, work and observe the Agile development methodology, and co-location. Through these principles, we work as product teams to help deliver a valuable product to our business.
The Data Governance Technology Enablement Manager leads and manages the IT team responsible for implementing the technology and tools for improving the data quality and value of core data assets. This role will work closely with the business and functional leadership to support strategic requirements for enterprise data governance and achieve the required level of data quality, data consistency, and protection to meet overall business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with business stakeholders to define data quality rules and standards.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
- Accountability for tooling and technology for data governance enablement and data quality related services
- Lead dedicated team that implements technology and tools to support enterprise-wide data governance framework. This can cover aspects such as enabling/measuring data quality rules, building governance workflows, establishing metadata framework for critical data elements, ingesting data into catalogs from various structured and unstructured sources etc.
- Leading and improving the value and quality of core data assets, responding to regulatory protection requirements as well as supporting strategic requirements of Business and Functional Areas
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and IT, communicating on data protection, data quality & data coverage issues that need addressing
- Resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Conduct individual research and learning on data governance best practices to help the development of the organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management or other relevant field required or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data governance related project management and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of one or more Data Methodology experiences: Data Standards, Data Protection & Security, Data Quality, Data Modelling, Data Profiling, Metadata Management, or Master Data Management
- Knowledge of Collibra or other leading data governance solutions (Informatica, Infogix, Alation, OvalEdge etc.).
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Understanding of agile delivery framework and related management tools such as Jira, Trello, Aha etc.
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that influence the way things are done
- Highest personal and professional integrity and strong work ethics
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission
- Willingness to take change and provide direction
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Demonstrated ability to manage adversity and challenging situations
- Ability to manage senior relationships across all the Business and Functional areas
- Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve conflicts and negotiate with others
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
Project Oversight and Decision Making
- Highly developed skills in priority setting and alignment of project priorities with Departmental strategy
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals
- Ability to get to the heart of the problem and make sound and timely decisions to resolve problems
People Management and Development
- Ability to develop people, skills in coaching, mentoring, and teaching on the job
- Ability to identify and recruit talent, including identifying right people for both technical and non-technical jobs
- Skills at performance management, recognizing and rewarding performance and identifying development needs
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation among teams