Manager, Data Governance
Requisition ID # 141303
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team enables data governance, quality, and metadata management capabilities to maximize the use and ensure the trustworthiness of PG&E’s critical data assets.
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible for end-to-end planning and implementation of a comprehensive, enterprise strategy to achieve and maintain the level of data quality required to support PG&E’s business goals and objectives, including regulatory compliance, accurate risk management, improved operational efficiency, and advanced analytics. The Data Governance Manager will be instrumental in establishing and monitoring adherence to the standards, guidelines and processes used to effectively and efficiently govern the company’s data.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Promote the value of the data governance and data management strategy across the enterprise
- Maintain an enterprise data governance strategy, framework, and roadmap that meets PG&E’s objectives
- Ensure the governance structure is designed to include relevant stakeholders, and ensure the effective and efficient operation of data governance
- Facilitate enterprise data governance committees
- Advise senior and executive management on data and information governance practices for use within their organizations
- Establish clear escalation paths for issue resolution
- Coordinate and align cross-functional resources
- Lead data governance framework, including creation of data standards.
- Ensure data quality action plans are implemented where data fails to meet established data governance standards.
- Lead identification and implementation of enterprise tools to support data governance & data management, including for metadata, data quality, and master data management.
- Design and report on process performance metrics for data governance, data management, data quality and metadata management.
- Track and manage improvement opportunities for standards, guidelines, and processes.
- Create and deliver education and training on data governance concepts, standards, guidelines and processes.
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, information technology, business administration, engineering, or other relevant field required
- 8 years experience in data management, data governance, data quality, metadata management, master data management, designing and implementing functional systems and data in a structured process, project management, and/or IT strategy planning or other related area
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in energy or regulated industries
- Detail-oriented with ability to focus on managing multiple reports and processes
- Even-tempered, manages conflicts in a positive manner, and comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with proven ability to establish and cultivate relationships with vendors and business SMEs.
- Data management and data quality tool experience.
- Project management / implementation of data management policies and standards.
- Experience with relevant project management tools and methodologies (Agile, Design thinking, Kanban, etc.).
- Demonstrated executive engagement and presentation skills.