Metrics & Analytics Business Analyst, Expert
Requisition ID # 143983
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Electric Asset & Regulatory is responsible for the electric system engineering and planning, asset strategy, and risk management across transmission, distribution, and substation asset families. This centralized, risk-informed approach allows PG&E to manage electric risk, asset and system health, interconnections, and performance by using consistent standards, work methods, prioritization, and program sponsorship, while leveraging lessons learned from inspections and asset data to inform asset management decisions. Accountable for asset planning and strategy, standards and work methods, and asset data management for Electric.
Conducts research, data analysis, forecasting, and reporting in support of business decision making, strategy and operations. Participates in business process improvement, quality control and other initiatives.
- Performs research, data modeling and data analysis in highly complex data systems such as SAP and Foundry using native and other tools such as Microsoft Power BI and Tableau.
- Performs analysis on highly complex data models that have cross- functional impact.
- Solves unique and complex data-related problems, anticipating issues and developing innovative solutions. Presents findings and recommendations to leaders to gain agreement.
- Gathers data intelligence from analyses performed and presents a summary of intelligence for leadership to consider, including data quality issues and how they were handled, what the data are telling us and identifying opportunities for improvement, among other insights.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives, providing methods of tracking performance, monitoring effectiveness of controls, measuring success and waste management/elimination.
- Participates in developing business cases in support of strategy or change initiatives.
- Exercises emotional intelligence in working with and leveraging relationships with employees and leaders across functions.
- Works with leaders to support strategic planning and decision making. May provide direction and coaching to other Business Analysts.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although, we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Annual Minimum: $109,000.00
Annual Maximum: $175,000.00
- BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related discipline orequivalent work experience required.
- Six (6) years of related work experience.
- Understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience working in SAP and Foundry.
- Extensive knowledge of different analytical methods, approaches and tactics.
- Broad expertise in what-if modeling analysis, concepts, methods and techniques and analysis of how different factors affect business outcomes.
- Creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions.
- Lean/Six Sigma credentials (green/black belt) and experience.
- Strong analytical and writing skills to create compelling business cases based on complex business environments and inputs.
- Influence skills to effectively gain buy-in from leaders inside and outside of the department.
- Knowledge and understanding of key drivers affecting business results.
- Project management skills to lead large and complex projects working with cross-functional teams.
- Organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Adaptable to changing business conditions and ambiguity.
- Advanced skills in SQL queries, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and other business intelligence tools, Project, Visio, and Microsoft Office.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience.