Principal Continuous Improvement Consultant
Requisition ID # 147088
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Customer & Comms
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Enterprise Lean Office is responsible for the implementation of Lean across PG&E. This is accomplished through the use of training, coaching, KPI development and tracking, problem solving, and the use of standards of performance.
This position is responsible for facilitating the delivery of PG&E’s highest priority programs through process improvement and problem solving and managing client satisfaction, managing key organizational relationships, and driving performance management related to cross-company Business Plan Review-level (STIP and LTIP) metrics and program, project and initiative objectives. This position will engage directly with Line of Business Management and in the day-to-day business in order to improve performance.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and the Oakland General office 0-2x on average weekly or as business needs require.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $132,000
Bay Area Maximum: $226,000
- Serve as Lean Consultant and Coach to Vice President and other Senior and Mid-Level management in order to improve organizational performance and solve high visibility problems
- Lead the identification of recommendations to optimize opportunities and develop initiative solutions
- Integrate initiative activities within and across functional areas
- Work on complex problems that require in-depth analysis and judgment to drive business results and solutions
- Work with client to develop Lean capabilities within their Line of Business
- Act as a thought leader, applying extensive unique subject matter expertise in the development of strategy or resolution of complex issues
- Mentor other staff in the development of subject matter expertise, growing knowledge in practice areas, relationship development, and strategy for resolution of complex issues
- Facilitate trainings and workshops to build lean capabilities and drive towards waste elimination solutions
- Coach stakeholders on how to drive to waste elimination outcomes by identifying and categorizing waste, process mapping, value stream mapping and realizing financial savings
- 10 years of relevant experience in the areas of business strategy, organization change, program/project management, and/or operations management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, human resources, change management, communications, organization development, or related field
- MBA or Master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, organizational change, organizational development, or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage senior executive level relationships within complex environments.
- Experience leading directly or indirectly a functional, industry, and/or business area.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and facilitate executive level business decisions based on relevant business intelligence – presented using techniques such as: quantitative/qualitative analysis, customer/employee assessments, process analysis, performance and operations analysis, business case development, risk and/or gap analysis, and organizational and business readiness assessments.
- Ability to lead engagements that deliver complex strategy projects and initiatives with measurable results working across organizational boundaries and interfacing with senior executives.
- Well versed in a breadth and depth of multiple improvement and/or change management methods to improve initiative performance with regards to scorecard metrics, business benefit measurements, organizational readiness,
- Process Management Certification (Lean, Lean Six-Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent), Change Management Certification (expert level), and/or Project Management Certification (expert level)
- Ability to work within deadlines and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal – with the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical team members, as well as executive through field level positions within the company.
- Expert level skills in the use of analytical tools such as JMP, Excel and MiniTab, as well as process architecture tools such as iGrafx.