Principal Enterprise Protection Data and Analytics Portfolio Operations Analyst
Requisition ID # 142581
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; San Ramon
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Protection Business Operations organization is responsible for financial management and the execution of programs and projects for Enterprise Protection Data & Analytics (EPD&A) in PG&E. The org is led by PG&E’s Director reporting to the VP of EPD&A.
This is fast paced and challenging Principal position in PG&E’s EPD&A organization and is integral to coordinating across the various EPD&A teams to provide timely updates on key activities across all teams. This position will be reporting to the Director of Business Operations EPD&A.
This role will strategize, implement, and maintain processes to enhance the overall effectiveness of the EPD&A organization. Additionally, this role will maintain and communicate departmental performance measures and support for effective resource management and allocation. The successful candidate will support effective and consistent project management processes and practice to ensure the achievement of EPD&A goals.
The position is hybrid working from your home office and the Oakland General Office up to 3x weekly should business needs require.
Support the EPD&A org across a multitude of portfolio operations functions associated but not limited to planning, financial management, tracking and report out of strategic activities, lean operating reviews, mapping of KPIs and coordination of employee engagement activities.
- Financial – Manage team financial planning and actuals, including confirmation and management of chargeback commitments
- Planning – Interlock plans with broad set of organizations required for both enterprise protection and data / analytics
- Strategy – Function as “front door” for strategy activities and manage updates and delivery against relevant TNS business plans (e.g., TNS Business Plan for Data & Analytics)
- Lean – Lead and operate team Lean processes, including operating rhythm and KPIs
- Board of Director (BoD) – Track BoD commitments and organize and contribute to BoD updates
- Large Meetings – Facilitate large format meetings
- Employee Recognition – Support employee recognition and development by managing Rewards and Recognitions (monetary & non-monetary) as well as other forms of employee recognition
- Employee Engagement – Support employee resource groups such as diversity committee, safety council
- Culture – Support the organization’s culture by facilitating all hands, lunch and learn sessions, skip level exposure meetings, and availability to hear employee feedback/concerns
- Guides the overall direction for development of departmental analytics for strategic, operational, and financial planning efforts and serves as key departmental interface for the EPD&A portfolio
- Coordinates and manages BOW planning process (annual, quarterly, PI planning as needed) as well as assists with prioritization of BOW items with Leaders on a regular basis
- Plans, Creates, and Updates records in ATLAS, SAP, PPMC, EDRS, and Remedy
- Coordinates for alignment and integration with EPM, IT PMO, OCIO for activities associated with financial planning, KPIs, Business Plan Development and reporting across the various EPD&A Orgs
- Uses various tools and techniques for estimating costs, building, and tracking KPIs, building leadership presentations associated with EPD&A
- Ensures timely and effective communication regarding the mapping of initiatives to goals to stakeholders, including presenting information to EPD&A orgs, OCIO, IT and business leaders outlining portfolio specifics
- Works with senior leadership to develop effective communication and on-going support of EPD&A strategic vision and goals
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of relevant experience in Information Technology, project management or related business areas
- Experience in operations in the line of business supported, highly desirable
- Working knowledge of technology implementations, dependencies, and risks
- Working knowledge of implementing process improvements
- Organized, strategically focused, meticulous, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving fast paced environment
- Highly collaborative, able to work cross-functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Ability to learn recent technology and concepts quickly
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of Change Management, PMO practices and project delivery methodologies – Lean - Agile, Scrum / Waterfall
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, technical, written, verbal communication and facilitation skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to executives
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite of applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project. As well as working knowledge of systems like SAP, PRJ, ARIBA, ATLAS
- A demonstrated ability to effectively navigate complex organizational, process, technical and political challenges with minimal direction and supervision
- A demonstrated and initiative-taking ability to help explain necessary trade-offs and balances between immediate and tactical needs or issues with senior executives
- Extensive knowledge of building and reporting out on metrics and KPIs