Principal Quantitative Analyst - PLEXOS
Requisition ID # 152548
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Energy Policy & Procurement
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Energy Policy and Procurement (EPP) organization procures energy-related products and manages PG&E’s policy activities for energy proceedings, actively participating in regulatory and legislative proceedings that craft the design and implementation of state, regional, and federal energy regulations and policy. In addition, EPP is responsible for long-term planning, risk management, and compliance functions related to PG&E’s energy portfolio.
Develops models using PLEXOS to assess and rank physical and financial energy resources obtained in request for offers (RFOs). The offers’ metrics (reliability, emissions, economics, and impact on existing resources ) will focus on the contributions to CAISO and PG&E portfolios. Performs sophisticated analysis to support decision-making of ad-hoc supply/demand side valuations; supports regulatory filings. Uses SAS JMP to model and forecasts congestion-revenue-rights (CRRs) in collaboration with the SQA&M team and others. Also plays a significant role in portfolio volumetric and price hedging analysis.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $132,000.00
Bay Area Maximum: $226,000.00
California Minimum: $125,000.00
California Maximum: $215,000.00
- Translates business concerns and issues into appropriate mathematical formulations.
- Assesses business implications associated with modeling assumptions, inputs, methodologies, technical implementation, analytic procedures and processes, and advanced data analysis.
- Leads development of quantitative models and tools.
- Performs research on analytical methods.
- Leads Line of Business work streams associated with advanced analytical content.
- Prepares and delivers, to internal and external collaborators, oral and written presentations with advanced analytic content.
- Represents PG&E at external events and initiatives such as CPUC and CEC workshops, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) programs, trade association task forces, and similar forums.
- Works with Officers and Directors to support planning and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, engineering or other quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 8 years of job-related experience, utilizing PLEXOS for energy resource modeling and analysis or other similar tools
- PLEXOS Certificate
- Modelling operations and economic performance of energy storage assets – batteries, pumped-storage, hydro, natural gas in a portfolio-wide (CAISO/WECC, etc.) context
- Modeling solar (collocated with batteries), wind and “all-types” of conventional (non-renewable) resources
- Modelling with stochastic features of tools such as Plexos (Preferred), Aurora, PSSE, GridBright Symphony, PSLF, PROMOD IV or other similar applications