Product Manager, Senior
Requisition ID # 144496
Job Category: Customer Support / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer & Comms
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
PG&E is seeking an individual experienced in product management to develop and implement strategies and plans for rate options and manage changes to non-residential rates, including the Peak Day Pricing (PDP) Program. The individual will oversee all ongoing activities related to implementation of new rate structures and business procedures and processes related to rates, including revising PDP event hours and automating the annual transition/default of new customers to PDP. In addition, this role will support in optimizing existing rate options, implement changes to rate option structures (such as changes to Time-of-Use periods), ensure compliance, sunset rate options at the end of their lifecycle and work cross-functionally to design and develop new rate options. This individual will work closely with a cross-functional team with members from Information Technology, BES Business Operations, Call Center Operations, Solutions Marketing, Analysis and Rates, Business Energy Services Account Management, Customer Relations, Rate Design and Analysis, Credit & Collections, Government Relations, and Analytics and Energy Forecasting. The individual will also need to be able to gather, manage, and quickly analyze data needed for planning purposes and to respond to information requests and internal questions related to rates.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and based on business needs.
- Implement improvements and changes to non-residential rates, including Peak Day Pricing enrollment and automated default operations
- Work closely with Information Technology to design, develop requirements, and implement required rate changes.
- Draft testimony and respond to data requests in PDP and other rate design proceedings.
- Provide data-driven customer input to the rate design process.
- Coordinate with a cross-functional team in developing and executing focused campaigns for PDP and other rate options.
- Work with managers and directors across functions to influence decisions.
- Provide information and direction to various delivery channels. Ensure employees and key stakeholders internally and externally are aware of the impact of rate changes.
- Work closely with data analytics, Solutions Marketing, other product and program teams to improve PDP and other existing offerings and inform marketing efforts used to support customers.
- Influence decisions and provide recommendations for changes that will lead to success of customer education campaigns and communications.
- Manage and track accurate budgets and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics and management reports to track and measure effectiveness of various components of time varying pricing rates, including PDP.
- Drive resources to achieve strategic goals.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Business, Economics, Marketing, Psychology, or related.
- 6+ years of related experience or equivalent
Broad expertise in and advanced knowledge of utility product / program management as well as energy management and/or utility rate design
Natural bias towards analytical thinking, problem-solving and continuous improvement, including different analytical methods, approaches and tactics
Experience writing business requirements for IT projects and working with IT to implement rate changes
Knowledge of PG&E operations and network systems (CC&B, GenRef) or experience working in billing and energy management
Knowledge of customer behavior
Understanding of regulatory process
Experience in high visibility subject matter role.
Experience with aligning program / product management with broad strategic goals.
Ability to work autonomously with guidance only on the most complex projects.
Ability to proactively identify potential problems and bring solutions.
Experience working in energy management and/or utility rate design
Ability to develop implementation plans for large scale projects
Direct experience or familiarity with analyzing markets and customer segments to understand key areas of opportunity
Excellent verbal and written communication
Experience leading cross-functional or matrix teams
Ability to present complex information and concepts in a concise way
Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Adaptable to changing environments, shifting priorities, demands and timelines and ability to learn new concepts quickly
Willingness to work flexible/long hours when needed
Experience managing compliance process related to products.