Senior Accounting Analyst
Requisition ID # 144052
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Capital Accounting plays a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of PG&E's financial information related to Plant, Accumulated Depreciation, Construction Work in Progress, Assets Acquisitions, Sales, Retirements, Nuclear Decommissioning accounting and Asset Retirement Obligations. The team works with various stakeholders throughout PG&E to maintain effective oversight and understanding of the Company’s capital expenditures and capital related business processes. The work of our department is key to the Company and provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting for transactions relating to capital assets at PG&E.
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable Senior Accounting Analyst to work in a high-profile accounting department. This is an excellent opportunity for the development of new analysis and improvement of processes and workflow. The successful candidate will evaluate moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact where development of an approach involves weighting various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations. This position requires strong analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate data from various sources. This position will require strong communicative skills with a diplomatic disposition and the ability to present accounting conclusions in a clear and persuasive manner.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of the accounting group to ensure that monthly responsibilities are completed by the prescribed due dates.
- Maintain proper internal controls and review of all areas of responsibility to determine compliance with accounting policies.
- Participate in researching GAAP and regulatory guidance to determine the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Complete monthly accounting journal entries, account reconciliations, monthly roll forward schedule and related variance analysis associated with Asset Retirement Obligations, Nuclear Decommissioning accounting, and Accumulated Depreciation.
- Collaborate with team members to maintain the ongoing development and compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Lead and implement process improvements and the development of financial reporting tools.
- Develop expertise in the capital asset life cycle and take ownership of related accounting issues.
- Work closely with management and related departments, including internal and external reporting groups, Tax, Regulatory departments, and various lines of business.
- Responsible for ensuring the integrity of several portions of the financial statements by performing timely and efficient analytics.
- Perform special projects as requested by the supervisor and manager.
- BA/BS in Accounting, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of recent relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC, and FERC requirements
- Computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC
- Knowledge of SAP Asset Management (AM) module
- Knowledge of PowerPlan software
- Knowledge of Utility ratemaking
- CPA or equivalent required or substantially complete
- Public Accounting experience
- Excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for moderate to complex projects
- Ability to prioritize, plan and communicate activities and findings in both written and verbal form
- Able to present analysis and findings in a cohesive, understandable, and actionable format to department management
- Understanding of programs, policy, and operations to advise business on meaning of data, results
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in technical/professional concepts