Senior, Business System Specialist - Vegetation Management Technology Team
Requisition ID # 153145
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Vegetation Management (VM) Technology team develops technology and data solutions to enable the safe and effective inspection, mitigation, documentation and reporting of vegetation risks to the PG&E electric system. The team develops and deploys technological solutions and programs to enable vegetation field work throughout the PG&E network.
This Business System Specialist (BSS), Senior position will focus on supporting the Geographical Information Systems (GIS) based tools and programs used by VM. This position will be the primary liaison between VM Technology and the VM field personnel using geographical map-based tools. This position will work with field personnel to document program requirements and enhancement requests and then manage their implementation. The position will also serve as the user advocate for VM tool and program development.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000
Bay Area Maximum: $152,000
California Minimum: $97,000
California Maximum: $144,000
This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office, and your assigned location based on business need. Headquarter location is flexible within PG&E service territory.
- ArcGIS Online (AGOL) map development.
- Document program needs from VM Tool users.
- Program management of VM Tool/Program development.
- Handle moderate to complex vegetation GIS and Electric Utility data requests.
- Perform data analytics to support internal business processes and process improvements.
- Create and maintain documentation in support of VM Tools for front-end users and for internal reference.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to VM Technology employees.
- Perform medium to complex data queries in SQL Server and Oracle Databases.
- Develop and deploy automated solutions using python and batch processes.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years of job-related experience in GIS, Forestry, Physical Sciences, IT or Engineering fields.
- GIS backgroundusing ESRI desktop applications, ArcPro and ArcGIS Online tools.
- 4+ years of field utility vegetation management experience.
- SQL, Oracle Database experience.
- Vegetation or Electric utility data experience.
- Power Bl or similar reporting technology experience.
- Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced python skills and experience deploying and managing code in github.
- ISA certification.