Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Requisition ID # 145678
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Cybersecurity organization works to protect our critical assets, highest risks, adapting and growing to meet the challenges from ever-evolving adversaries. The Security Engineers work closely with Project Managers, Risk Management and Cybersecurity Operations team to provide architecture design and implementation services. They intake functional & nonfunctional requirements; evaluate various solution or design options, document solution blueprint, and implementation steps. They ensure that the solution implemented meets our security standards and regulatory requirements.
The Cybersecurity team consists of security professionals in their chosen disciplines, including:
- Cybersecurity Services
- Risk Management
- Security Intelligence & Operations
Working together, we review the current cyber threat landscape and lend our expertise to help the company understand its security posture and act on the highest priority risks. The Cybersecurity team takes a proactive approach to security by focusing on the cyber risks PG&E faces. Our methodology and framework synthesize current legal, regulatory, and operating mandates with PG&E’s business goals and operations.
The Cybersecurity Engineer works closely with Managers, Team Leads, Project Managers, Specialists, Security Teams, and Subject Matter Experts to directly support PG&E’s Security Intelligence Operations Center. Position will analyze, track/trend, and report on the findings. The successful candidate will lead workshops, presentations, and discussions with leaders & key stakeholders, building close partnerships with those stakeholders solidifying their trust and confidence with our selected Security technologies.
Position will be the departments Subject Matter Expert for our Security Infrastructure technologies with the focus on supporting intelligence related applications) throughout our Utility and Operational Data Networks. This Engineer will work closely with our clients (all functional areas), responsible for maturing our Endpoint Protection product space, for example: EDR, A/V, DLP, Disk Encryption, RSA, etc...
The position will work remotely within the PG&E service territory for the remainder of this year. Once a return to the office is identified, the work location is flexible and can work from Sacramento, San Ramon, or Oakland offices should a business need require you to come in on selected days.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $109,000
Bay Area Maximum: $175,000
California Minimum: $104,000
California Maximum: $166,000
- Provides guidance and examples to other solution engineers for the documents and deliverables to assure consistency in the Project Delivery Methodology, and occasionally leads initiatives toward process and project delivery improvements
- Delivers training and presentations to small to medium groups to improve skills of others and understanding across a medium span of influence
- Leads others in the promotion, development and reuse of common solutions, components and services
- Collaborate with and often leads other domain specific (application, infrastructure, or information) Engineers, Architects, Product Specialists, System Design Engineers and technologists to complete IT deliverables
- Work with other engineers, architects and product specialists to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements
- Serves as technical advocate and is a voice for Cybersecurity when implementing strategies designed to address client business problems
- Responsible for the full lifecycle technical implementation, with SME participation in; solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, business requirements impact analysis, Generates or assists business in generation of Project Concept estimates and refinement of early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case, and implementation level design
- Provides critical support function for Solution Engineering design decisions during plan, analyze, design, build, test, and deploy phases of IT projects
- Assignments are broad and complex, have major associated risks with high visibility, and can be sensitive or widely varied requiring expert judgment in applying and adapting techniques
- The work product has potentially significant impact (financial, public perception, operational, legal) on the Company; incumbent and the team represent the company's interest in a project with clearly "high stakes" under general guidance
- Level of expertise is recognized as the authority for a project or initiative; incumbent performs moderate to complex and/or novel assignments with few precedents in an autonomous fashion with minimal guidance
- Associates Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years of IT engineering design or technical project implementation experience
- 1 year experience working directly with the targeted IT product(s) or services
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- MA/MS degree preferred
- Experience with multi-tier enterprise technology environments
- A combination of both education and practical experience
- Project Management IT experience