Senior Data Governance Lead
Requisition ID # 141302
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team enables data governance, quality, and metadata management capabilities to maximize the use and ensure the trustworthiness of PG&E’s critical data assets.
The Data Governance Lead will play a significant role in driving effective data management through data governance, including master data management, metadata management, data privacy and protection, data origination, data quality, and data profiling and cleansing. The role will partner closely with business area and functional management, IT data teams, and end users to improve the quality and value of core data assets. The Data Governance Lead will be instrumental in establishing and monitoring adherence to the standards, guidelines and processes used to effectively and efficiently govern the company’s data.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
- Communicate the data governance vision, strategy, and importance of managing data as an asset.
- Create and maintain data governance standards, guidelines and processes that execute in accordance with the enterprise data governance strategy.
- Coordinate with legal, IT, and business teams to ensure compliance with key data privacy requirements related to PII and CCPA/CPRA.
- Create and support implementation of data retention and disposition standards to support legal, technical, and business requirements.
- Lead the set up of data domain groups formed to make enterprise-wide decisions on data.
- Lead the data decision-making process in a consistent and transparent manner that brings together business and IT stakeholders.
- Drive data governance action items with data stakeholders through to completion.
- Deliver education and training on data governance concepts, standards, guidelines and processes.
- Conduct data discovery to identify and capture the lifecycle of a data asset as well as source-to-target data mapping for assigned data assets.
- Partner with the business to identify business requirements for data origination and data maintenance workflows and service levels for assigned data assets.
- Ensure issue management processes are in place to capture and resolve data issues in a timely manner.
- Lead discovery and recording of business metadata as well as ensure that the metadata remains up to date for assigned data assets. Work closely with IT ensure that technical metadata is recorded and updated in a data dictionary.
- Promote the dimensions of data quality and partner with key stakeholders to define data standards and business rules that ensure the quality requirements of data assets.
- Communicate the state of data quality with data stakeholders and assist with resolving questions and resulting action items.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in Data Governance implementation, including data management, data governance, data quality, metadata management, master data management, and/or designing and implementing functional systems and data in a structured process.
- Detail-oriented with ability to focus on managing multiple reports and processes
- Even-tempered, manages conflicts in a positive manner, and comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills with proven ability to establish and cultivate relationships with vendors and business SMEs.
- Data management and data quality tool experience.
- Project management / implementation of data management policies and standards.
- Experience with relevant project management tools and methodologies (Agile, Design thinking, Kanban, etc.).
- Demonstrated executive engagement and presentation skills.