Senior External Reporting Analyst
Requisition ID # 144122
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Rocklin; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Washington; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
The External Reporting team prepares quarterly and annual financial reports to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Federal Regulatory Commission (FERC), and the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC).
This high profile team provides a great place for energized and talented employees to grow their career, make a contribution, and be recognized. The work of the team provides challenge and variety as well as exposure to key stakeholders in the Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, and Investor Relations departments.
The Senior External Reporting Analyst prepares complex disclosures and supporting workpaper documentation in the SEC filings as well as various disclosures included in the FERC and CPUC filings. The broad exposure to business issues across PG&E provides a visibility into many of the issues and opportunities the company faces and offers a significant opportunity for professional development, as well as exposure to key stakeholders in the Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, and Investor Relations departments. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and a detail-oriented individual with strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
- Lead preparation of 10-Q and 10-K workpapers
- Lead preparation of financial statements for other reporting projects (e.g., FERC, CPUC, benefit plan, NDT) and supporting workpaper documentation
- Communicates with various internal partners (e.g. Legal, Investor Relations, Company FP&A) to gather information and ensure consistency of information reported externally
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key business partners to gather information to ensure completeness and accuracy of disclosures
- Identifies and leads implementation of process improvements to reduce risk, improve effectiveness of communications with business partners, and gain efficiencies
- Assists analysts and senior analysts in identifying areas for process improvement
- Leads the resolution of more complex accounting/disclosure issues. Provides guidance to analysts and senior analysts in the process of researching and resolving issues
- Identifies and evaluates accounting issues including preparing documentation, proposing solutions and/or communicates issues
- Educates the business on accounting topics
- Actively communicates issues and key activities to management
- May manage cross-functional initiatives
- Works with Directors and Managers across functions to influence decisions
- May act as a team lead and provide direction to less experienced employees
- 4 of recent relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CPA license.
- MA/MS in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of Utility experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders and navigate complex organizations