Senior Internal Auditor
Requisition ID # 155256
Job Category: Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Internal Auditing department is responsible for providing PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (each a Company and, together, the Companies) with independent, objective assurance over the adequacy of processes and controls to manage business risk and provides control advisory services.
This position will serve as a Senior Internal Auditor in the Internal Auditing Department and reports to Internal Auditing’s Manager and will be responsible for performing a variety of audits and control advisory projects across Gas Operations, Electric Operations, and other operations. The ideal candidate is experienced in compliance and operations and has a strong knowledge of internal controls. The candidate should also have strong analytical and client skills, and excellent business judgment.
The role is classified as hybrid (0-3 days per week in office), working primarily from your remote office and in-person in the Oakland General Office to attend team meetings or as business needs require.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed between the entry point and the middle of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors. This job is also eligible to participate in PG&E’s discretionary incentive compensation programs.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $102,000
Bay Area Maximum: $152,000
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for leading assignments with a broad scope and complexity in a team environment. The key aspects of the role include:
- Developing and communicating risk-based audit plans with staff auditors.
- Defining expectations for each audit project including objectives, scope, timing, key contacts, and deliverables.
- Working with clients and audit team to ensure the successful development of risk assessments, design of audit programs, and completion of integrated audits to produce high quality reports. These reports are used by the business to enhance risk management and the Board Audit Committee to ensure strong corporate governance.
- Providing expertise on the design of controls into new and existing business processes.
- Identifying control gaps, assisting management in creating action plans to address risks and ensuring that action plans are completed.
- Influencing process improvements with business owners.
- Participation in creating the annual audit plan.
- Providing feedback to staff auditors on audit performance and mentoring new members of the Internal Auditing Department
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Six years of internal auditing and/or utility operations experience
- Thorough knowledge of analyzing and developing risk assessments and assessing risk within a process or business function
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized and able to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Knowledge of utility gas or electric systems and operations
- One or more of the following certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Experience in quality assurance/auditing in an electric or gas utility industry
- Ability to apply data analysis/analytics principles
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of industry regulations and business/operational aspects of the industry and PG&E
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to communicate effectively, lead client meetings, discuss issues and controls, and report on progress of work product with client manager, director, or project team
- Excellent planning, leadership, and supervisory skills and the ability to build effective relationships in several areas of the business
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to express control deficiencies in a business context
- Demonstrates judgment, listening skills, and has the ability to analyze complex processes and strategies
- Ability to positively influence business owners on control solutions