Senior IT Planning Analyst
Location: Oakland, California
Requisition ID # 145358-en_US
Our IT professionals are at the enterprise's core, leveraging modern technology to deliver safe and reliable energy to our customers. We use AI, the cloud, data science, and the latest tools and programming languages to solve hard, interesting problems and tackle challenges like the ever-growing threat of climate change, wildfires, and breaches of cyber security. Join us and experience the satisfaction of being a technology enabler for a company that leads the industry in innovation.
What makes a successful Team Member at PG&E? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
PG&E is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program to help you take care of your physical, emotional and financial health. In addition to the offerings below, you can expect inclusive programs in areas such as performance recognition, training and employee development, mentoring and more.
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Sick Hours, Holidays, Family Leave
Employee Resource Groups
16 ERGs at the core of our DEIB culture that support employee development and foster business relationships
Leadership and Employee Development Courses, LinkedIn Learning, Mentoring Program and up to $8,000 for Tuition Reimbursement
Low-Cost Medical, Dental, Life/Accident/Disability Insurance and Free Vision
Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
Pre-tax employee-funded accounts that cover certain out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses
401(k) Matching up to 8% AND Cash Balance Pension (no Cost to you)
Requisition ID # 145358
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Office of the CIO (OCIO) represents the cross-functional IT Management capabilities that enable running the business of IT. The OCIO focuses on supporting IT's operation model by ensuring a consistent, transparent, and efficient approach to the way the IT organization delivers value to its partners. The core of the OCIO consists of four areas essential to the long-term success of IT: Contract Management, Culture, Program Management Office, and Investment Management.
PG&E is seeking a highly motivated Senior IT Panning Analyst to manage a portfolio of technology contracts on behalf of the IT leadership. This position will be the main interface with vendors, internal stakeholders, and acts as PG&E’s representative for day-to-day contract management interactions. They will work with internal teams to implement enterprise company policies, risk engagement controls, invoice compliance reviews, goods receipts, and obtain leadership’s financial approvals for O&M contract services. This role is responsible to administer contract strategic reviews with leaders, Architects, IT Operations, and drives consensus, agreement, and validation for the O&M costs of contracts. Additional responsibilities include identifying opportunities to rationalize, right size contracts, discontinue non-critical services, and negotiate on behalf of PG&E. This position works with stakeholders including the Sourcing Dept to assist in developing a deep understanding of contract scope, cost, terms, and conditions. The IT Planning Analyst develops partnerships and coordinates with the IT PMO and IT leaders to capture incremental O&M costs from contracts at the time of purchase.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the hourly rate range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual hourly rate paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $43.27 to $65.38.
- Assist with the daily contract operations and provide general IT business & planning support.
- Prepare reports through gathering, analyzing, and summarizing data and information; prepares presentation materials for management reports.
- Originates contracts in the PG&E procurement system, ARIBA and enter contract financial liabilities into the contract management ATRIUM tool.
- Assist in the initiation, conducting and coordinating of contract renewal analysis for IT operations, financial reviews; and analyzing multi-year contract to ensure that costs are planned in the most efficient manner.
- Maintain annual Operational Expense budgets utilizing proper accounting/budgeting controls, enter financial data into tracking system, and compile regular and ad-hoc financial status reports.
- Monitor Purchase Orders, review contract invoices, accruals, identify disparities, and resolve issues with the vendors.
- Analyzes actual spend and forecasting to determine if/when appropriate change controls and escalation reporting to leadership.
- Provides financial analysis on portfolio cost variances for plan vs. actual and can identify inappropriate charges by resources or vendors and makes appropriate corrections in SAP.
- Leads meetings and acts as a liaison among stakeholders to coordinate, document, and schedule changes to IT contracts.
- Capture, analyze and present data to managers and directors to aid in making business decisions.
- Effectively plans and control scope of work on contract renewals; integrates all aspects, tracks and ensures that contracts origination targets are on schedule and meets the required standard.
- Develops communications needed to summarize analysis and to discuss recommendations for IT management. This may take the form of dashboards, power point decks, or summarized emails.
- Facilitates problems solving sessions and workshops with diverse set of business and technology team members.
- Proactively follows-up on issues and initiatives for senior leaders to ensure successful resolution and implementation.
- Works closely with leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure that key initiatives and activities are delivered in a timely and coordinated manner that is aligned with the goals of the organization.
- Works with the data management team to build new tools and assist with creation and migration of reports to Power BI.
- Experience with downloading and extracting data from SAP into meaningful business intelligence reports and dashboards.
- Works with IT and functional leadership to establish a variety of key business, financial and performance metrics.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years of general business experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Visio, PowerPoint and expert level Excel skills
- Experience with structuring contract agreements
- Experience with basic financial modeling or data management
- Experience with presenting to leadership and developing power point slides
- Experience with Power BI a plus
Briana J. Threat Analyst, IT Cybersecurity
I’m offered interesting projects that expose me to all parts of the company. There’s an incredible depth of knowledge across our team; we have coworkers with varying backgrounds and experiences who are generous with their time in sharing what they know. I’m so proud to work with this hard-working, kind and innovative team.
Patti Poppe Becomes the First PG&E CEO to Sign the Disability: IN CEO
In signing the CEO Letter on Disability Inclusion, Poppe commits to benchmark the company’s inclusion efforts and encourages other leaders to join IN.Learn More
Life at PG&ELearn More
No related jobs available.View All