Senior Portfolio Management Analyst
Requisition ID # 137731
Job Category: Accounting / Finance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Energy Policy & Procurement
Job Location: Oakland
The Portfolio Management group is part of the Energy Portfolio Procurement & Policy department (EPP&P) within Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s (PG&E) Energy Policy and Procurement organization. Portfolio Management is primarily responsible for managing PG&E's wholesale electric portfolio in order to meet PG&E's electric load obligations in a reliable, economic manner. This responsibility includes: (1) determining the Company's long-, intermediate-, short-term Resource Adequacy (RA) capacity, Energy, Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS), Congestion Revenue Rights (CRR) and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) compliance product needs; (2) developing strategies to meet those needs; (3) amending, modifying, and terminating agreements as necessary to maintain PG&E's electric portfolio; (4) complying with sales/procurement, including Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) credit sales and reporting requirements; and (5) supporting the development of energy policy with the objective of implementing such policy at the least cost and ensuring compatibility with the supply/demand portfolio.
All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E's vision and values and for conducting sales/procurement in accordance with PG&E's Risk Management Policy.
Supports managing the wholesale power portfolio in order to meet electric load obligations. Contributes to determining capacity and energy needs. Develops and executes strategies in the wholesale electric markets. Adjusts agreements to maintain power portfolio. Complies with procurement and reporting requirements. Supports the development of energy policy. Provides operational and market expertise in the development of structured transactions for conventional and renewable resources. Develops contract terms to address evolving operational issues, market structure, and regulatory policies.
- Completes critical Portfolio Management reports such as the Monthly Resource Adequacy Compliance Filing.
- Creates, negotiates and prepares for execution the necessary agreements and documents associated (if applicable) with a transaction or trade.
- Develops, executes, and troubleshoots a variety of tasks necessary for accomplishing wholesale power procurement activities including calculating portfolio open positions, trading, or negotiating structured transactions.
- Drives business processes such as contract negotiations under supervision from a manager or director.
- Leads complex tasks such as development of forward electric position, development of procurement plans, or the evaluation of alternatives for mitigating PG&E’s risk exposure at the wholesale energy portfolio level.
- Leads complex tasks such as PPA development or Commission advice letter drafting.
- Leads the PG&E management and regulatory approval process for specific transactions.
- Leads the procurement of energy and/or capacity from existing resources (such as through the intermediate term request for offers (RFO) or a Resource Adequacy (RA) competitive solicitation.
- Researches and communicates emerging regulatory issues (i.e., greenhouse gas implementation) and emerging policy issues (i.e., renewable energy integration).
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in a business-related field, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent field of study
- Minimum 4 years of experience, or less with advanced degree in a business-related field, mathematics, engineering, or equivalent field of study
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience