Senior Programmer Analyst - Salesforce
Requisition ID # 143680
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Shared Services
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
The Technology & Data Strategy team operates within the Shared Services organization. The team’s mission is to provide actionable and meaningful insights from data, that supports strategic and informed decisions.
The team is responsible for maintaining, enhancing, and analyzing data, as well as and creating visualization that provides valuable information. We provide subject matter expert, process, and data analytics support in the areas of air, water, hazardous materials, natural and cultural resources, and Shared Services.
The Senior Programmer will be a key member of the Technology & Data Strategy team. She/he will be responsible for designing and developing customized solutions within the Salesforce platform. Analyzes existing applications and systems and formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, logical database design, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. The successful candidate will meet with product owners, developers and users to analyze project objectives, coding new Salesforce applications, creating customer workflows, and troubleshooting application errors.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who works well with all levels of the organization, is experienced in Salesforce development, is an effective communicator who can translate technical information into business terms for stakeholders; has a keen process understanding; works well with ambiguity; has high energy and is adept at overcoming resistance to change.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned work location based on business need. The assigned work location will be within the PG&E Service Territory.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity.
A reasonable salary range is:
Bay Area Minimum: $109,000
Bay Area Maximum: $175,000
California Minimum: $104,000
California Maximum: $166,000
- Developing customized solutions within the Salesforce platform
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning Components, and Visualforce to extend Salesforce to support business requirements
- Application development, including basic Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Lightning Web Components
- Assist with each release cycle to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Striving towards coding best practices and data quality
- Contributing to technical documentation
- Writing documents and providing technical training for Salesforce Staff
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the application software
- The incumbent independently plans work to meet assigned general objectives; progress is reviewed upon completion and solutions may provide an opportunity for creative/non-standard approaches
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 5 years of programming analysis experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer Certified
- Proven knowledge with programming principals to enhance system performance
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience working on Salesforce platforms or other CRM software packages
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration as well as object-oriented design patterns and development
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, and ETL tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as XP/SCRUM
- Experience with web services (REST & SOAP, JSON & XML, etc.)
- A desire to work with the latest tools, technologies, and methodologies (Force.com Platform, Eclipse, Talend Open Studio, Oracle, MySQL, Visual Studio 2012)