Vegetation Management Intern
Requisition ID # 80601
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Vegetation Management is part of PG&E’s effort in improving the safety and reliability of our electric system, which serves nearly 16 million people in Northern and Central California. This work includes working with customers and communities to manage trees and other vegetation located near power lines that could cause a wildfire or power outage.
As the largest employer of Certified Arborists in the country, we strive to increase the safety and awareness between potential vegetation conflicts and power lines.
Vegetation Management’s Training and Communication team supports the work execution of the greater department by developing trainings and communicating expectations for conformance with internal and external obligations.
Vegetation Management is looking for talented summer interns to help support the Training and Communication team with a variety of program and projects such as:
- Implement a TRAQ certification program (Tree Risk Assessment Qualified)
- Develop presentations to use at International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) conferences
- Develop articles for publication in appropriate trade publications
- Support Utility Arborist Association (UAA) Workforce Task Force
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above by working with a team of experienced Certified Arborists and Program Managers. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Electric organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Landscaping Architect or related field (students must be continuing education towards degree during and/or after the internship).
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.