CIP Inspector (IBEW) - Oroville
Requisition ID # 145934
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Customer & Comms
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oroville
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
- An employee who is responsible for the inspection of weatherization work installed under PG&E-administered Energy Efficiency programs by contractors. In addition, this employee is responsible for implementing the Heating Appliance Repair and Replacement (R&R) program.
- The employee will safely perform initial and follow-up inspections of Energy Efficiency Measures installed by PG&E and ensure the billed measures are present, safely installed to program standards, and were feasible.
- Employee will be required to use phone and/or site visits to schedule inspections and to route work to ensure customer convenience and employee efficiency.
- Monitor and track overtime and travel time.
- Determine the most economical and efficient methods to handle peak and non-peak workloads.
- Ensure inspection paperwork, including measure quantities, “on-site” time frames, and comment(s) are complete, accurate, and legible.
- Data entry work of that paperwork is to be completed accurately and within allotted time frames.
- Ensure that timecards and expense reporting are completed accurately and submitted timely.
- Handle all customer complaints. Investigate complaint as needed, then resolve or elevate to the proper authority. Follow-up to ensure resolution was achieved.
- Respond to customer phone, e-mail, and mail inquiries or concerns
- Respond to PG&E Program Manager concerns and requests such as high-profile inspections, suspected fraud cases, short notice inspections, and customer complaints
- Perform R&R work including Natural Gas Appliance Testing (NGAT) inspections
- Ensure that customers, their homes, and appliances meet program guidelines
- Ensure that all fieldpaperwork is completely and accurately filled out. Coordinate R&R process with Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) contractor, customer, weatherization contractor, and local building officials
PG&E is providing the hourly rate that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This position is subject to collectively bargained hourly wage rates and increases. The starting wage rate for this position is $34.52 per hour. This wage rate is specific to the locality of the job. The wage rate is based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, collective bargaining agreements, and internal equity.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
May be assigned manual meter reads as required.
May be required to light pilots in conjunction with their work
- Coordinates Repair & Restoration process with HVAC contractor, customer, weatherization contractor, and local building officials
- Performs initial and follow-up inspections of Energy Efficiency Measures installed by Company
- Ensures the billed measures are present, safely installed to program standards, and are feasible
- Utilizes phone and or site visits to schedule inspections and to route work to ensure customer convenience and employee efficiency
- Ensures that all field paperwork is timely, completely and accurately filled out
- Investigates complaint as needed, then resolves or elevates to the proper authority
- Responds to Program Manager concerns and requests such as high-profile inspections, suspected fraud cases, short notice inspections, and customer complaints
- Ensures inspection paperwork is complete, accurate, and legible
- Ensure that timecards and expense reporting are completed accurately and submitted timely
- Follows-up to ensure resolution was achieved
- Monitors and tracks overtime and travel time
- Responds to customer phone, e-mail, and mail inquiries or concerns
- DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND Emergency
- This position requires driving of company vehicle
- Ability to crawl
- Ability to lift an extension ladder
- Be physically able to lift extension ladder
- Physically able to crawl in attics and under houses, on roofs
- Record of Residence within 50 miles of job or headquarters
- Competency in effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
- Competency in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Knowledge of gas engineering theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of procurement strategies and processes and relevant regulatory framework as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of hazard evaluations theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- Must have combustion appliance knowledge
- Energy Efficiency programs knowledge
- Excellent customer and contractor relations
- Have the ability to assess and appropriately respond to hazardous situations
- Employee must pass one-week NGAT training session, which includes a written and lab test
- Employee must pass one-week weatherization training session that includes a written and lab test
- Employee must pass pilot light training
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application, and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Post-Offer Phys Assessment CIP Inspector
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving