Electric Miscellaneous Equipment Operator (IBEW), Richmond
Requisition ID # 141443
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Onsite
Job Location: Richmond
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration, and emergency response.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
The Miscellaneous Equipment Operator - GC (Electric) operates, maintains, and drives utility equipment such as line trucks, bucket trucks or cranes, for the purpose of installation, maintenance, and reconstruction of electric facilities.
Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. The Miscellaneous Equipment Operator – GC is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Operates a Dozer smaller than D-4 or equivalent, with or without a side boom or equipment; Rough terrain crane Grove, Drott, Pettibone, up to and including 5 ton; Loader P.T., 1 1/2 thru 3 cu. yds., without sideboom; and Crane swing, self-propelled, up to and including 5 ton.
- Operates a Hydrauger, Gas/electric hoist, Motor Patrol less than 115 HP, when not grading to stake or grade, Trencher Boom Type, Concrete Pump, Tensioners and Puller, Large Snow Cats, Drill Liner, self-propelled air track or equivalent, Cross Country Vehicles and Flume washer.
- Operates a three-axle truck, truck with derrick and special body, boom truck without a personnel bucket under 10 tons.
- Operates a transports truck and trailer engaged in loading, transporting, and unloading heavy construction equipment throughout a geographic area or the company system.
- Setting and removing poles in close proximity to energized primary
- Must be able to retain knowledge and learn new skills such as framing, construction standards and work procedures
- Support crew daily in all aspects of underground and overhead electric line construction operations and maintenance
- Able to take order and follow directions
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class A California Driver's License Permit by Day 1 of hire
- Must possess and maintain a valid DMV Medical Card by Day 1 of hire
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
- Must be able to lift heavy loads of up to 100 pounds, utilizing ergonomic principles at least one time a day
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Mechanical background
- Familiar with trucks and components
- Ability to read gauges and load charts
- Class A California Driver's License Permit
- Crane certification
- Forklift certified
- Class A California Driver’s License
- Relevant construction experience
- Relevant PG&E, Hiring Hall or Canus experience
- Ability to read and interpret job prints and instructions
- Experience operating miscellaneous equipment such as drills, chainsaws, trucks, trackers, etc.
- Graduate from an approved Power Pathway® Program
- To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
- Candidates must be tanker endorsed, or willing to be tanker endorsed within 1st 90 days
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving