Business Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 137138
Job Category: Business Operations / Strategy
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Job Location: Rocklin; Alameda; Alta; Angels Camp; Antioch; Auberry; Auburn; Avenal; Avila Beach; Bakersfield; Balch Camp; Bear Valley; Belden; Bellota; Belmont; Benicia; Berkeley; Brentwood; Brisbane; Buellton; Burney; Buttonwillow; Calistoga; Campbell; Canyon Dam; Canyondam; Capitola; Caruthers; Chico; Clearlake; Clovis; Coalinga; Colusa; Concord; Concord; Corcoran; Cottonwood; Cupertino; Daly City; Danville; Davis; Dinuba; Downieville; Dublin; Emeryville; Eureka; Fairfield; Folsom; Fort Bragg; Fortuna; Fremont; French Camp; Fresno; Fresno; Fulton; Garberville; Geyserville; Gilroy; Goodyear; Grass Valley; Guerneville; Half Moon Bay; Hayward; Hinkley; Hollister; Holt; Houston; Huron; Jackson; Kerman; King City; Lakeport; Lemoore; Lincoln; Linden; Livermore; Lodi; Loomis; Los Banos; Lower Lake; Madera; Magalia; Manteca; Manton; Mariposa; Martell; Marysville; Maxwell; Menlo Park; Merced; Meridian; Millbrae; Milpitas; Modesto; Monterey; Montgomery Creek; Morgan Hill; Morro Bay; Moss Landing; Mountain View; Napa; Needles; Newark; Newman; Novato; Oakdale; Oakhurst; Oakland; Oakley; Olema; Orinda; Orland; Oroville; Palo Alto; Palo Cedro; Paradise; Parkwood; Paso Robles; Petaluma; Pioneer; Pismo Beach; Pittsburg; Placerville; Pleasant Hill; Point Arena; Potter Valley; Quincy; Rancho Cordova; Red Bluff; Redding; Richmond; Ridgecrest; Rio Vista; Roseville; Round Mountain; Sacramento; Salinas; San Bruno; San Carlos; San Francisco; San Francisco; San Jose; San Luis Obispo; San Mateo; San Rafael; San Ramon; San Ramon; Sanger; Santa Cruz; Santa Maria; Santa Nella; Santa Rosa; Selma; Shaver Lake; Sonoma; Sonora; South San Francisco; Springville; Stockton; Storrie; Taft; Tracy; Turlock; Twain; Ukiah; Vacaville; Vallejo; Walnut Creek; Wasco; Watsonville; West Sacramento; Wheatland; Whitmore; Willits; Willow Creek; Willows; Windsor; Winters; Woodland; Yuba City
Business Analysts are responsible for research, data analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting in support of business decision making, business strategy and business operations. May also be involved in business process improvement, quality control and special projects and other initiatives.
Responsibilities typically include many or all of the following:
- Data Analysis: Compiles and analyzes data. May develop and/or maintain data models for what-if analysis and for other business purposes.
- Metrics and Reporting: Develops and tracks business metrics. Develops and maintains standard, custom and ad-hoc reports.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Develops or works with budgets and forecasts.
- Research: Researches best practices; develops internal and external benchmarks in support of business decisions.
- Quality Assurance & Business Process Improvement: May perform quality assurance and business process improvement activities in support of the business. Activities may include developing, managing or coordinating performance or quality assessment, business process re-engineering, change management, communication and training.
- Project Management: Lead projects, determining scope, budget, timeframes, forming teams, assigning tasks, managing resources and issues.
This position is hybrid, working from your remote office and your assigned location based on business need.
Position location is flexible through PG&E's service territory.
- Will be responsible for tracking and maintaining Compliance and sometimes Confidential data requests for System Inspections
- Performs analysis on complex data models requiring customized reports and data.
- Develops new or revises existing data analysis to predict business outcomes selecting from various complex variables.
- Develops and uses metrics to develop recommendations related to business strategy and operations. Presents findings and recommendations to leaders.
- Manages small to mid-size projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 4 years