Supervisor, Contract ManagementI'm Interested Date posted 01/13/2021
Requisition ID # 74973
Job Category : Legal
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Rocklin
The Transmission Contract Management Leadership is responsible for the strategic planning and consolidated management of contracting activities in transmission operations. Incumbents work in partnership with sourcing and the various departments of transmission operations to plan, write, and administer the contracting process. Incumbents deliver quality contracts with tangible earned value to PG&E internal customers while maintaining the highest degree of safety for employees, coworkers, service providers and the general public.
May be required to work extended hours during storms or other emergencies.
Travel approximately 25% including overnight stays.
- Manages a 24x7 contracting program including after hour’s contract deployments.
- May oversee the Contract Administration team to provide services to internal customers and suppliers. Manages the creation of contracts, develops contract strategies to meet customer needs, leads the contract bid process for projects over $1M, and reconciles invoices to contract and project terms and conditions.
- May oversee the Contract Planning group to provide advanced contract planning for larger contracts greater than 100K. Develops project scope, solicits proposals from contractors and supports contract specialists by incorporating specifications in contracts.
- Utilizes financial, legal, and electric system knowledge in negotiation and signing of vendor contracts as well as in authorizing payment on contracts.
- Coaches, develops, and leads the team members to achieve the department goals and the individual's development objectives.
- Contributes to group financial performance by monitoring budget and system performance, controlling costs, and reviewing and approving expenses.
- May oversee performance metrics, reporting and the performance analyst.
- May oversee the contact specialists and the contract creation process.
- 4-15 direct reports including Contract Specialists, Contract Administrators, and
- Construction Specialists.
- High School or GED
- 5 years of experience in either of the following:
- Legal and professional elements of contract management
- Journeyman level experience involving working with transmission
- line or substation construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Understanding of transmission line and substation construction.
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of contract management.
- Knowledge of procurement processes.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to manage PG&E budgeting and portfolio system.
- SAP experience related to financials and materials.
- SRM experience.