Business Engineering Intern
Requisition ID # 89706
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations (EO) ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The department of Work Planning, Clerical & Training within EO is to ensure work is completed and in compliance with applicable regulations, tariffs, standards and work procedures.
Participates in business process improvement, quality control and other initiatives.
Assist leaderships in the planning, execution and ongoing monitoring/management for all system-wide work in a major work category. Monitors internal and external factors that affect the planning, forecasting and successful execution of the program work, and determines, recommends and implements adjustments as needed.
Assist leaderships with the development of metrics and monitors performance of work, develops and uses metrics to develop recommendations related to strategy and operations, and presents findings and recommendations to leaders.
Support Directors, Managers, Superintendents, and Supervisors by providing technical expertise in process improvement initiatives for safety, operational excellence, financial/work plan discipline, and employee engagement.
Performs analysis on moderately complex data models selecting from various reports and data options.
The successful intern will have the opportunity to lead and/or support activities as described above working with a team of experienced Managers, Supervisors, and Analysts. Additionally, the intern will gain knowledge of the larger Electric Operations organization through the work they will be performing.
- Earning a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field or Business Administration or MBA (students MUST be continuing education towards degree during and/or after internship)
- Must have a valid driver’s license or obtain one at least 30 days prior to start date
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel and/or database skills
- EIT or FE certification
- 3.0 GPA or greater in both cumulative GPA and major GPA
- Line work knowledge such as climbing, operation of digger derrick, work in underground, distribution, and transmission systems
- Engineering experience in utilities, municipalities, construction, or engineering consultation
- Ability to work in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Takes initiative and can work independently with minimal direction
PG&E typically is unable to provide VISA sponsorship to students on an F-1, J-1 or other student visa for this position. Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.