Business System Specialist, Expert
Requisition ID # 139120
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Engineering
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Oakland
Electric Asset & Regulatory is responsible for the electric system quality, engineering and planning, asset quality strategy, and risk management across transmission, distribution, and substation asset families. This centralized, risk-informed approach allows PG&E to manage electric risk, asset and system health, interconnections, and performance by using consistent standards, work methods, prioritization, and program sponsorship, while leveraging lessons learned from inspections and asset data to inform asset management decisions. Accountable for asset planning and strategy, standards and work methods, and asset data management for Electric.
The Expert Business System Specialist position leads/supports the following critical activities for public safety and compliance under Asset Data Management & Improvement - Risk Management, Governance, Quality Planning, Quality Management System (QMS), Continuous Improvement, Problem Solving, Audit and Training & Development. Utilizing PG&E Lean Playbook, quality engineering principles, and ISO 55001/9001 standard, this position leads and collaborates to improve data quality and data integrity of asset registry and operational quality/efficiency to fully satisfy safety/regulatory requirements and internal and external customers’ requirements utilizing quality engineering principles and methods.
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although, we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Annual Minimum: $114,000.00
Annual Maximum: $182,000.00
- Act as a key contributor to teams that define, review, and approve requirements for the business needs solution.
- Analyze and document business requirements for complex projects.
- Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and coordinate with Lines of Business (LOB) in compliance with ISO 55001/9001.
- Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications or delegate as appropriate.
- Contribute/Develop to business case development
- Identify, propose, and influence solutions to complex quality problems.
- Develop or lead ADMI administrative control management including standardization, document control, and deviation/change management.
- Solve and facilitate problem solving: PGE CAP/CE management, Kaizen event and projects.
- Guide and lead Advance Parts Quality Planning (APQP) deployment to quality planning, and project managements for successful outcome.
- Solve and facilitate effective management of PGE CAP (Corrective Action)/CE (Cause Evaluation) program and represent ADMI to CAP Review Team (CRT).
- Deploying Lean Play Book, Gamba and Value Stream Mapping (VSM), lead and facilitate continuous improvements (Kaizen Blitz, Kaizen).
- Other duties and responsibilities not listed.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- Seven (7) years of job related experience in Business, IT or Engineering fields.
- Participation in projects of high complexity at an expert level or in a leadership role.
- Experience in Operational Quality Management or Engineering, Data Science.
- Experience in Lean deployment and Quality Management System Implementation.
- Experience in fast-paced operational environment or business process improvement.
- Internal auditor training for ISO 9001/Industry Specific.
- Experience in Advanced Product Quality Planning, APQP
- Graduate Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Utility industry quality management system.
- Certified Lead Auditor/Internal Auditor for ISO 9001/ISO 55001.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Enterprise level Lean deployment experience.