Director, Contact Center OperationsI'm Interested Date posted 10/15/2020
Requisition ID # 68481
Job Category : Customer Support / Operations
Job Level : Director/Chief
Business Unit: Customer Care
Job Location : Sacramento or Fresno
In Customer Care we are focused on delivering the desired customer experience for each of our customers. Everything we do starts with the customer and our information about the customer. That information is collected and managed by our Customer Experience Strategy group. Each of our organizations, though completely dependent upon each other, are the experts in their area and will further drive PG&Es alignment around the customer.
Direct Operations of PG&E's Contact Centers, consisting of 4 separate sites, over 900 employees, managing over 10 million customer contacts each year. Establish and drive implementation of a long-term vision and strategy for the contact centers, including future siting, labor relations, and employee engagement. Directly manage, coach and develop seven PL2 Contact Center managers. Although not directly responsible for managing the expense budget, this position will be responsible for achieving the financial and efficiency metrics for the CSR team that drives $45M of the total Contact Center Operations budget.
Direct performance of PG&E's system-wide Contact Center Operations by managing quality, financial and efficiency metrics to ensure continuous progress towards top decile rating as measured by J.D.Power, QSE+, and employee engagement surveys. Direct operational efficiency and financial metrics to drive organizational cost reductions for the $45M Contact Center labor budget. Critical operational target metrics include: Total cost per total calls handled; Schedule compliance; Operational attendance management. Lead / sponsor efficiency improvement efforts in Contact Center Operations to create or modify existing programs or policies in order to best serve the customer while balancing costs. Monitor goal achievement progress related to customer service, quality, efficiency, and budget etc., by using various forecasting / reporting tools, software programs and internal / external feedback.
Lead the development, communication and eventual implementation of PG&E's long-term strategy with respect to Contact Center Operations. Scope includes facility and siting strategy, resource management strategies, workforce planning, training strategies, union negotiations and alternative leading edge contact center management and operational strategies. In addition, this position is responsible for developing and ensuring implementation of appropriate change management strategies related to future developments of the contact centers as well as the business transformation of the company.
Enhance organization effectiveness and efficiencies through the demonstration of effective leadership behaviors and communications. Actively coach and develop direct reports through the establishment of individual developmental plans in order to drive top quartile results, enhance overall leadership competencies and business performance. Establish measurable goals for each direct report and schedule time to meet with employees on a regular basis to provide feedback and coaching. Mentor employees to clearly understand the company and department business objectives through increased strategic thinking and alignment, implementation of key Business Transformation, and other initiatives. Create a culture that allows for open and honest communication regardless of level in the organization and years of service.
Communicate and build understanding for the business case to change our culture and improve overall organizational performance to reduce cost & enhance service. Endorse and encourage the partnership with the union and field partners. Recognize and respect diverse ideas of our employees. Build a strong relationship with all departments involved in providing service to customers. Work cross functionally within Customer Care and other lines of business to reduce costs while improving the customer experience.
Demonstrate leadership in safety through active participation and support of safety programs. Encourage employee involvement and self-reliance. Take a proactive approach to identify and correct safety hazards and work practices in the workplace. (Concurrent with all duties)
PG&E expects its leaders to conduct themselves with the highest ethics and integrity and to embody specific leadership qualities.
- Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
A Leader in the Community and Industry
- Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Demonstrates Safety Leadership
- A safety champion in words and deeds with respect to both employee and public safety.
- Maintaining an environment of open dialog and free of retaliation.
Influences and Inspires
- Using various- communications that convey a clear understanding of the needs of different audiences.
- Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related dynamics.
Optimizes Team Performance
- Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Creating a climate where people are developed and motivated to do their best to help the organization.
Values Diversity and Creates Inclusion
- Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
Leads Ethically and in a Compliant Manner
- Sponsoring and sustaining a high integrity speak-up corporate culture which prioritizes ethics, safety and compliance.
- Building on necessary level of industry, company and subject-matter expertise, including laws and regulations.
Provides a High Level of Customer Service
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 10 years contact center experience
- At least 2 years management/leadership experience (leading large-scale contact center(s) operations)
- Experience with managing performance, inquiry resolution, quality assurance, compliance, information analysis, team building and change management
- At least 5 years management/leadership experience.
- Master’s Degree – Business or comparable work experience
- Experience with directly managing or acting as a lead in a customer service environment
- Extensive knowledge of customer service operations (utilities knowledge preferred) and a demonstrated ability to utilize analytic tools and contact center forecasting models to drive business decisions
- Specific technical competencies including demonstrated expert ability in the following:
- Defining Strategic Direction
- Effective influencing and communications
- Managing Performance
- Coaching/Developing others
- Fiscal Accountability
- Data Analysis
- Systems Analysis and Operations
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Understanding of Key Contact Center Technologies including:
- Cisco Finesse
Hiring Leader Name: Chris Zenner
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status,medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.