Expert IT Solutions EngineerI'm Interested Date posted 10/09/2020
Requisition ID # 68780
Job Category : Engineering / Science
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Information Technology
Job Location : Sacramento
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The IT Solution Engineer job family provides technical leadership in design, development and implementation of IT solution deliverables. This could include the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Provides technical direction to determine technical and operational feasibility of solutions that are integrated with the existing or defined IT network architecture and services standards, to meet clearly defined technical performance requirements. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with network, database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes in order to improve system resilience and reliability. Also provides IT Solution Engineering technical leadership to ensure that design, development, and testing activities conform to the strategic and tactical direction for individual initiatives. All employees are responsible for performing their jobs in accordance with PG&E’s vision and values.
- Design & implement repeatable automation for our applications following the build, test, deploy and release processes
- Design improvements to enhance availability for all services and processes
- Collaborate with business, regulatory and compliance teams to understand automation needs and provide solutions
- Create or edit PowerShell or shell scripts to automate common maintenance tasks and/or new installation tasks
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Work closely with infrastructure, release management, and business to document and maintain deployment standards
- Design sustainable automations and processes to meet NERC CIP regulations.
- Implement, enhance and maintain solutions to automate repetitive processes like password rotation, and collection of system level accesses for certifications.
- Actively solve complex problems, debugging and performance improvements
- Ensuring all components and applications are robust and easy to maintain.
- Research and develop reusable assets for additional automation use cases.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience in a waterfall development lifecycle where warranted
- Experience and ability to act in a consultative capacity with system owners in addition to applying technical skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years of IT engineering design and/or technical project implementation experience
- 5 years experience managing senior level IT staff
- Experience with multi-tier enterprise technology environments
- Experience directing staff across diverse IT disciplines
- Masters Degree
- Project Management IT experience
- Strong proficiency in Java, Python, YML scripting
- Strong scripting experience in PowerShell and Bash
- Hands-on automation experience using commercial RPA platforms like BluePrism, Automation Anywhere, UIPath, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Spring based microservices and familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Thorough knowledge of SQL Server Databases, and ability to write and maintain complex queries, stored procedures and SQL Server Reports
- Working experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and/or DSC
- Experience with version control repositories like Git
- Experience with regulations such as NERC CIP and SOX
- Understanding of Reactjs and its core principles, ability to modify UI code and add new functions
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM etc.
- Knowledge on PAPM APIs (Beyond Trustt, Hashi Corp vault, CyberArk)
- Knowledge of Ping, Ping Fed, SSO, SailPoint, IGA systems
- Ability to troubleshoot infrastructure related access issues using tools lie QRadar, Palo Alto, NETMRI, and Infobloks
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms such as JSON Web Token and Kerberos based SSO implementations