Principal Business System Specialist
Requisition ID # 76481
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : Sacramento
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations (EO) is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology, Quality, and Process Improvements from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent typically defines user system requirements, provides user support, coordinates user acceptance of new processes and tools that may contribute to business process efficiencies. The incumbent may also perform risk and feasibility analysis, develop risk mitigations and project scope as well as provides recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users’ system needs and represents these needs in the development of functional specifications.
- Provide expert consulting in business and user needs. Understands current and future business environment; in detail, to effectively anticipate, identify and fully meet the business needs.
- Analyze end-to-end, complex business processes and coordinate with other departments to develop and implement solutions to information needs. Advises on the impact(s) of technical changes to cross-functional processes.
- Identify, propose and influence solutions and define & document business requirements to complex business problems.
- Leads necessary training, change management and communications associated with system implementations.
- Anticipate user concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications or delegate as appropriate.
- Provides a key contribution to business cases for complex and cross functional projects and initiatives. Develop supporting materials to justify investment.
- Support the business in the production and implementation of the multi-year people, process, or technology roadmap.
- Act in a Governance role for user and business communications related to suggested process, and technology enhancements.
- Lead steering committee with Business and other teams that define, review and approve requirements for enhancements.
- Provides oversight and high-level review of results affecting people, process, or technology.
- Provides leadership on the business analysis work that has strategic importance for the business and user needs.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and trends in utility business systems applications through attendance/involvement in conferences, seminars or forums.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to less experienced employees.
- BA/BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, etc. or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of job related experience in Business, IT, or Engineering fields and/or related education.
- Extensive participation in projects of high complexity or simultaneous participation in multiple projects of medium to high complexity in a leading role.
- Continuous education in IT and business specific areas.
- Advance degree is a plus
- Experience in Process Improvement including Lean and Six Sigma Principles, preferably Green or Black Belt
- Experience in Quality Management Systems
- Experience in Project Management and collaboration skills, preferably PMI certification
- Experience with work management and scheduling systems and processes.
- Workload/Time Management skills
- Database management background
- Working experience with multiple corresponding Line of Business-related functional areas.
- Expert knowledge of the business requirements process.
- Detail oriented, analytical,
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal and influence skills to help shape department technology strategy.
- Strong understanding of the utility business.
- Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels and promote good working environment.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- In depth understanding of detailed business processes of department(s) supported.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of the impact(s) of technical changes to the collective business processes across functional units.