Quality Verification Transmission Specialist, Expert (Sonoma County/Lakeville)
Requisition ID # 144057
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Work Type: Hybrid
Job Location: Sonoma; Novato; Petaluma; San Rafael
The Electric Asset Management, Compliance, Quality, and Vegetation Management Organization provides oversight of compliance activities within Electric Operations. This includes ensuring that all compliance requirements are known, there are documented processes and controls, controls are tested and effective, and that evidence of compliance exists.
The department is the primary liaison with external regulators (NERC/WECC, CPUC, CAISO, etc.), manages new and changing requirements, regulatory audits, incident reporting and review, and customer complaints. The department is responsible for implementing the Compliance Maturity Model and leading compliance improvement initiatives.
The Electric Quality Verification (QV) Specialist conducts field assessments on PG&E’s electric transmission, substation, and distribution facilities to improve reliability by performing quality verification activities. These work assessments may focus on verifying the quality of:
- Construction work performed by construction crews in conjunction with emergency and planned Line Corrective (LC) notifications to ensure facilities are repaired/constructed per the requirements of PG&E Construction Standards and CPUC G.O. 95. Ensure accuracy and completion of construction documentation and proper order closure
- Ability to travel within the PG&E service territory
- Perform quality verification of completed construction work and necessary job closure packages prior to third party audits
- Serve as Company liaisons to external regulatory agencies (CPUC, CAISO, WECC, NERC)
- Overhead (OH) and underground (UG) inspections as required by CPUC GO 165
- Construction work performed by Title 200, Title 300, and contracting crews in conjunction with emergency and planned LC notifications to ensure facilities are repaired/constructed per the requirements of PG&E Construction Standards and CPUC G.O. 95 and 128
- Construction jobs, the associated documentation and proper order closure
PG&E is providing the salary range that the company in good faith believes it might pay for this position at the time of the job posting. This compensation range is specific to the locality of the job. The actual salary paid to an individual will be based on multiple factors, including, but not limited to, specific skills, education, licenses or certifications, experience, market value, geographic location, and internal equity. Although, we estimate the successful candidate hired into this role will be placed towards the middle or entry point of the range, the decision will be made on a case-by-case basis related to these factors.
A reasonable salary range is:
Annual Minimum: $112.000.00
Annual Maximum: $179,000.00
- Works independently, utilizing advanced knowledge of electric utility regulatory standards including FERC, NERC, WECC, CAISO and CPUC general orders to complete deep reviews and analysis of maintenance construction work
- Considered a technical expert in substation or transmission, or distribution line and regularly referenced by the LOB
- Provides comprehensive recommendations for leadership.
- Partners with PG&E internal leaders on identifying root causes, trends, process improvements and in implementing solutions
- Provides assistance and coaching to lower-level peers, including on the job training for new Specialists. Handles questions regarding more complex verification situations. Acts as a technical resource for Compliance and Construction field supervisors
- Validates quality of completed work by maintenance and construction crews and compliance inspectors using advanced knowledge of maintenance and construction standards and CPUC general orders. Leads cross-functional special projects or initiatives. Is the go-to lead and subject-matter expert
- Facilitates post verification review meetings. Summarizes and presents complex findings to leaders. Uses advanced communication skills to determine appropriate content for target audience. Conveys findings and recommendations seeking buy in on recommendations. Develops new methods for communicating issues, concerns, and best practices
- Understands, demonstrates, and coaches lower-level peers on all company and regulatory safety practices and requirements
- Responsible for resolving gaps between external requirements and internal standards.
- Establishes new processes for emergent quality verification audit requests
- Facilitates updates to Call book with new calls that requires research of FERC, WECC, NERC, CAISO, and CPUC General Orders and maintenance and Construction Standards
- Trains all electric lines of business on all PG&E maintenance and construction and inspection standards
- Leads safety discussions in the field or service centers with Electric Transmission Superintendents, Supervisors, Crew Foremen, Crews, QA Specialist line crews, Compliance Inspectors, and supervisors
- Interfaces with Senior Leadership to discuss audit scope and relevant audit results
- High school or GED.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing, construction, field maintenance operations, or related electric utility experience
- California Driver’s License
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Completion of a federal or state sanctioned line worker apprenticeship with approved supporting documentation (e.g., IBEW Journeyman Lineman A Ticket) and/or union or union-affiliated sponsored line worker apprenticeship or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Previous utility experience as a Journey Lineman, Substation Lead & Journeyman Electrician
- Experience in substation maintenance & construction, or transmission line maintenance & construction, quality assurance or quality control/verification auditing
- Experience in compliance inspection, distribution maintenance & construction, quality assurance or quality verification auditing
- Experience in conducting root cause investigations