Senior Labor Relations SpecialistI'm Interested Date posted 10/06/2020
Requisition ID # 67363
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location : Sacramento; San Francisco; San Ramon; Walnut Creek
The Labor Relations Department provides labor relations support in the areas of negotiations, contract interpretation, grievance administration, performance management consultation, and management of Company/Union relationships. Over 13,000 of PG&E's employees are represented by three labor unions.
The Senior Labor Relations Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of labor administration which includes grievance handling through the third step of the grievance procedure. This position also provides consultation on contract administration, disciplinary process, and providing consistent, timely and accurate advice to supervisors, managers and directors. The position negotiates local agreements and provides labor related training to supervisors as appropriate. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and will also have strong analytical, organizational, and consulting skills. The ideal candidate will also have experience in researching, compiling and analyzing data and presenting findings.
This position will work from your home office for the foreseeable future. Once a responsible return to the office is identified, the work location is flexible within the service territory. Occasional travel may be required for training or cient site visits.
- Consult at first step of grievance procedure with supervisor
- Coordinate and manage second step of the grievance procedure (Local Investigating Committee) Responsible for researching, investigating and answering grievances.
- Manage joint committee, negotiate settlements and write Local Investigating Report for referral to next step of the grievance procedure
- Participate in third step of grievance procedure
- Acts as expert on the Labor Agreements. Provides timely and accurate advice on contracts interpretation to supervisors, superintendents, managers and directors.
- Researches and makes recommendations to supervisors on performance management and disciplinary action for bargaining unit employees.
- Negotiates local letters of agreement as delegated by Labor Agreements
- Participates on Labor-Management Committees
- Delivers technical training on Labor Relations and the Collective Bargaining Agreements for supervisors/superintendents/managers.
- Responsible for implementation of negotiated ad hoc agreements, including administration of bargaining unit displacement procedures.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with department leaders and Union Representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business with HR emphasis, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years’ experience in Labor Relations/Industrial Relations or related HR experience
- MS or MA in Labor Relations, Industrial Relations or Human Resources PHR/SPHR
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Ability to research, compile and analyze data and present findings