Traffic Control Flagger- Gas (IBEW) Sacramento
Requisition ID # 89331
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E and is subject to collective bargaining.
We are looking for an energetic and career oriented individual to join our Energy Delivery, Gas Transmission & Distribution General Construction team. The Utility Worker position is an entry level position with advancement opportunities for motivated individuals who perform successfully. Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions.
A General Construction employee whose principal duties consist of implementing traffic control plans per applicable standards and other duties they are qualified to perform May also perform sweeping and job site clean-up, 911 Stand by duties, excavation of underground facilities and backfilling utilizing appropriate hand tools.
Per Letter of Agreement 20-03, an employee will be in a 3 year commitment in the Traffic Control Line of Progression.
This position is a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
- Implements traffic control plans per applicable standards per California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices standards
- May perform sweeping and job site clean-up
- May perform 911 Stand-by duties
- May perform excavation of underground facilities and backfilling utilizing appropriate hand tools
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- CA Class C License, or equivalent
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Knowledge of Traffic Control Plan (TCP) implementation concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques in accordance with the California Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (CAMUTCD) standards and specifications as needed to perform at the job level
- Knowledge of basecamp set-up and operational concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
- ATSSA-American Traffic Safety Services Association TCT-Traffic Control Technician
- Previous Military experience.
- Graduation from a PowerPathway® Program is preferred.
- Current or past work experience with PG&E and/or Hiring Hall.
- To better represent the communities, we serve within a timely manner, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Post-Offer Physical Assessment: Traffic Operations Line of Progression
Successful completion of the following:
- Traffic Control Training Program (ATSSA, TECH-0004)