Contract Construction, Supervisor (PN/MI flexible location)
Requisition ID # 110881
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
Manages teams involved in maintaining or building parts, command & control outage response, and monitoring and restoration efforts of the system-wide service territory distribution grid. Provides safe and reliable electric service while maintaining compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Orders, and all procedures and safety regulations and other regulatory requirements. Analyze and prioritize outages to determine most efficient restoration needs. Implements safety policies and best practices and manages employees accountability. Ensures full compliance with the Injury & Illness Prevention Programs.
- Builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and treats direct reports equitably.
- Completes and maintains all work documentation or reporting.
- Develops and maintains regional contacts and Interacts with local government.
- Develops, reviews and/or executes action plans to address deficiencies in process or employee skill/knowledge and track the progress of those plans.
- Effectively uses resources by monitoring crew productivity.
- Efficiently and accurately performs monitoring and analysis functions for ongoing projects and work efforts.
- Ensures maintenance and construction work is completed on time and within budget and quality expectations, while monitoring compliance to standards and specifications.
- Ensures that customers' needs and expectations are met. Provides clear, professional, proactive communication with customers in a variety of field situations during the project, while ensuring regulatory compliance and safety.
- Facilitates or leads weekly team meetings/tailboards. Conducts training as needed.
- Identifies and pursues productivity improvements and implements work practices to reduce operating costs while meeting corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Identifies and reacts to complex field decisions, using technical knowledge and experience to move forward quickly, considering cost, risk, safety, quality and customer impact. May make certain changes to the work plan as deemed necessary for the situation. Prepares a re- estimation of the work and /or adjusts the project plan as necessary.
- Proactively prepares for emergency situations; supports company efforts during emergency situations; communicates deficiencies in emergency response/preparedness; resolves issues quickly and efficiently using the correct resources.
- Provides current, direct, complete and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Regularly visits work sites to monitor progress and employee performance.
- Reviews current work practices for operational efficiencies and deficiencies and provides feedback. Follows up, and recommends improvement to appropriate parties.
- Supervises staff, including bargaining unit employees, to accomplish results through recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management, and rewards and recognition.
- T200 Supervisors oversee up to 30 Linemen, Foremen.
- T300 Supervisors oversee up to 50 Lineman, Foreman
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing, construction, field maintenance operations, or related electric utility experience or experience
- Must obtain a California Drivers license by first day of employment
- Previous experience in the electric utility industry; Journeyman Lineman experience preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in the areas of Engineering, Construction, or Business Administration
- Demonstrated ability to uphold safety standards and participate in continuous process improvement
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and/or supervising bargaining unit personnel
- Ability to influence a team to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Experience using business metrics to motivate and influence performance
- Extensive leadership skills including developing and conducting presentations to employees and management
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work outside in remote areas, steep and/or uneven terrain, and inclement weather conditions