Field Compliance, Supervisor (San Carlos)
Requisition ID # 132761
Job Category: Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level: Supervisor
Business Unit: Operations - Other
Job Location: San Carlos
Leads team to ensure compliance with the California Public Utility Commission (CPUC) General Order, all safety regulations, and other regulatory requirements for (GO) 165. Ensures the electric distribution operations system facilities are in compliance with General Orders 95 and 128 through an efficient, compliant execution of GO165 inspections and patrols. The leader adheres to all safety regulations and policies and practices with influence over the staff to adhere to as well.
- Ensures the qualified customer representatives (QCR’s) who perform the facility condition assessments and subsequent maintenance are trained, knowledgeable and qualified to perform the assigned tasks.
- Ensures work verifications and auditable documentation/records are complete, accurate, and compliant per bulletin notices.
- Interfaces with customers on sensitive issues surrounding inspections, such as gaining access to a customer’s property.
- Manages capital & expense budget for patrols, inspections, and electric corrective (EC) work. This includes tracking unit cost, productivity, minor work, and fleet management. Implements work practices that support reduced operating cost. Ensures level of resources support the patrol and inspection workload for assigned area.
- Maps work for field QCR personnel, directing them to appropriate work sight. Reviews, approves and signs off on completed inspections, completed maintenance work documentation and overall work progress. Ensures communication of updated information from inspections to the Mapping department.
- Supervise bargaining unit and non-bargaining unit employees.
- Supervises a team in assigned geographic area to ensure the safe, efficient and timely completion of work in compliance with the maintenance requirements of General Order (GO) 165 standards. Integrates GO 165 in the work/document verification process.
- Supervises staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment and selection, training and development, performance management and rewards & recognition.
- Supports Electric Program Management in managing the division maintenance program and implementation of all required practices. Works with the Quality Assurance Department when conducting periodic reviews of facility conditions, in preparation for CPUC audits, and in preparing and closing review and audit findings.
- Tracks and reports work progress to Program Manager(s) for maintenance and compliance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) years related experience in an electric utility, maintenance or construction or other technical line of business
- Must obtain a valid California Driver’s License by first day of employment.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Experience as Lineman, journey-level
- Experience in a continuous improvement or project management capacity
- Leadership experience, union-represented employees, 3 years