Accounting Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 83960
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Corporate Accounting provides accurate and timely delivery of company’s consolidated financial statements, variance analyses, account reconciliations, and other analyses that support the filing of Forms 10Q and 10K. The high profile department provides a great place for energized and talented employees to ignite their career and make a contribution and be recognized. The work of our department is key to the Company and provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting.
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable Senior Accounting Analyst to work in our Corporate Accounting team. This individual should have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented and self-directed. He or she should have excellent oral and written communication skills. This individual will be responsible for but are not limited to the accounting for financial accounting, external reporting, and/or regulatory accounting.
Reviews and interprets policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations as it relates to affiliate transactions:
- Review data for consistency and ensure proper recording of transactions according to established guidelines. If different, validate the accuracy of transaction by reaching out to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify & resolve discrepancy arose which creates out-of-balance situation between subledger and reported GL balance; be able to work independently or with minimal supervision to research discrepancies and document remediation plans.
- Be the subject matter expert in regulations for Corporation, Utility, and affiliates
- Work with business partners to develop appropriate guidelines to ensure compliance in affiliate reporting.
- Research & ensure proper rules and regulations pertaining to various areas.
Monitors and develops monthly or daily reports and provides record of assets, liabilities and/or other transactions:
- Acts as the primary month-end closing process coordinator and partners with I.T. and Finance Application Services team to facilitate month-end closing with evening work hours possible during month close.
- Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including communications with appropriate internal and external business partners to understand / resolve reconciling items.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis.
- Prepares supporting documentation for annual and quarterly financial, tax and regulatory filings, and/or income tax return.
- Performs monthly and quarterly consolidation of parent company.
Interprets data, reports and records for managers/stakeholders:
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of assigned sections and be able to respond to inquiries.
- Provide recommendations to manager and director with supporting analysis.
- Manages communication with internal and external parties
Assists in setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, promotes a “best practices” environment.
- Leads efforts to promote efficiency within existing processes in areas of responsibility.
- Contributes to the department and company projects initiatives to improve processes and understands / translates financial impacts.
- Performs quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing for compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Six or more years relevant experience
- Proficient computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of SAP, SAP BW, AO, BPC
- Knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and FERC requirements
- Excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for complex projects
- Can use logic to solve problems, does not stop at first answers
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and passion for excellence
- CPA or equivalent desired