Accounting Analyst, Senior
Requisition ID # 84580
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Capital Accounting plays a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of PG&E's financial information related to Plant, Accumulated Depreciation, Construction Work in Progress, Assets Acquisitions, Sales, Retirements, Nuclear Decommissioning accounting and Asset Retirement Obligations. The team works with many stakeholders throughout PG&E to maintain effective oversight and understanding of the Company’s capital expenditures and capital related business processes. The work of our department is key to the Company and provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting for transactions relating to capital assets at PG&E.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Accounting Analyst to work in a high profile accounting department. This is an excellent opportunity to drive the development of new analyses, improvement of processes and work-flow. The candidate is expected to develop creative approaches, resolve complex issues with significant impact. This position requires strong analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate data from various sources. Strong communicate and diplomacy skills are required. Ability to present accounting conclusions in a clear and persuasive manner.
Participate in the day-to-day operations of the Accounting group to ensure that monthly responsibilities are completed by the prescribed due dates. Maintain proper internal controls and review of all areas of responsibility to determine compliance with accounting policies. Participate in researching GAAP and regulatory guidance to determine the appropriate accounting treatment. Complete monthly accounting journal entries, account reconciliations, monthly rollforward schedule and related variance analysis associated with Asset Retirement Obligations, Nuclear Decommissioning accounting, Construction Work in Progress, Plant and Accumulated Depreciation. Collaborate with team members to maintain the ongoing development and compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Lead and implement process improvements and the development of financial reporting tools.
Develop expertise in the area of the capital asset life cycle and take ownership of related accounting issues. Work closely with management and related departments, including internal and external reporting groups, Tax, Regulatory departments, and various lines of business.
Responsible for ensuring the integrity of several portions of the financial statements by performing timely and efficient analytics.
Perform special projects as requested by the supervisor and manager.
- BA/BS in Accounting, or related filed, or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of recent relevant accounting experience
- Computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and FERC requirements
- Knowledge of SAP Asset Management (AM) module
- Knowledge of PowerPlan software
- Knowledge of Utility ratemaking
- CPA or equivalent required or substantially complete
- 6 or more years relevant experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for moderate to complex projects
- Ability to prioritize, plan and communicate activities and findings in both written and verbal form
- Able to present analysis and findings in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to department management
- Understanding of programs, policy and operations to advise business on meaning of data, results
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in technical/professional concepts