Accounting AnalystI'm Interested Date posted 10/15/2020
Requisition ID # 69342
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location : San Francisco
Corporate Accounting provides accurate and timely delivery of the company’s consolidated financial statements, variance analyses, account reconciliations, and other analyses that support the filing of Forms 10Q and 10K. The highprofile department provides a great place for energized and talented employees to ignite their career and make a contribution and be recognized. The work provides challenge and variety including application of appropriate accounting treatment and analyses under GAAP, FERC, Tax and SEC reporting.
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable Accounting Analyst to work in our Energy Accounting team, a sub-team of Corporate Accounting. This individual should have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented and self-directed. He or she should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for taking a lead role in the month-end closing process. This includes analyzing regulatory decisions, calculating and properly recording the resulting accounting entries. He/she will identify, research, and coordinate the resolution of accounting issues, including implementation of new accounting requirements promulgated by PG&E's regulators. The Accounting Analyst will also have the opportunity to work on special projects as needed.
Monitors and develops monthly reports and provides record of assets, liabilities and/or other transactions:
- Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entry preparation
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations for complex / high risk accounts
- Prepares monthly variance analysis and support for internal reporting
- Prepares supporting documentation for annual and quarterly financial, tax and regulatory filings
Interprets data, reports and records for managers/stakeholders:
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors
- Performs quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing for compliance
- Manages communication with internal and external parties
Reviews and interprets policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations:
- Researches and analyzes regulatory accounting data to provide strategic support in active regulatory cases
- Analyzes and implements regulatory decisions and records the resulting balancing account entries
- Identifies issues, proposes solutions, and documents conclusions with minimal supervision.
Assists in setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
- Identifies process improvements to reduce risk and create efficiencies at the desk level.
- Assists in the implementation of process improvement initiatives undertaken by the department.
- 2+ years recent relevant accounting experience;
- B/S or B/A Accounting, Finance or Business or similar area;
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC; and
- Computer skills (Excel/Word/Powerpoint)
- CPA or equivalent;
- Public Accounting Experience;
- Utility knowledge; and
- Proficiency with accounting software