Business Finance Analyst, ExpertI'm Interested Date posted 09/16/2020
Requisition ID # 64749
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance
Job Location : San Francisco
PG&E's Business Finance team provides critical financial support to its operational Business Partners within the company. This support includes: financial analysis; budgeting, planning and forecasting; monitoring, controlling and accounting; operational performance reporting and analysis; and strategic planning and analysis. These services are critical to achieving the company's strategic, operational and financial objectives.
The Business Finance department provides a unique environment for energized and talented finance professionals to engage in the business as valued functional advisors, make meaningful contributions to the direction of a dynamic business, and be actively developed and recognized.
This role within the Business Finance organization supporting Electric Operations, a high performing, fast paced organization redefining the functional value proposition through engaged, innovative, and actionable insight.
The successful candidate will support the Electric Operations organization. Electric Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E’s Electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
The successful candidate will serve as the Expert analyst supporting Electric Operations Program Team. The Expert analyst should demonstrate broad expertise and applies advanced knowledge to wide-ranging issues. Additionally, be able to solve complex problems and takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The Expert will be responsible for driving a culture that encourages and rewards critical thinking, high-quality work, ethics, efficiency, action, accountability, collegiality and safety.
The candidate will serve as a business partner focal for all finance and accounting, including planning, budget, forecasting, tools, and optimization analysis. A successful candidate will integrate with the client organization and become a trusted financial and strategic advisor of the leadership team. In sum, the individual will balance and utilize their functional expertise, intellectual curiosity, ethics, and interpersonal skills to build and maintain integrative relationships and ensure best in class decision support and recommendation.
- Planning (Long Term): Develop, advise and integrate the business unit financial plans and performance baselines to meet the Company's long term operational and financial objectives.
- Forecasting (Short Term): Provide timely, balanced forward looking financial assessments that capture current performance and enable nimble, value optimized operational and financial decisions.
- Reporting & Analysis: Provide timely and accurate monthly financial visibility that objectively assesses performance, and proactive financial analytics that identify opportunities, risks, and associated resolution recommendations.
- Process Optimization: Identify, and evaluate key processes for opportunities in effectiveness, control, and efficiency, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Tools: Provide active engagement on the evaluation, design, and use of our critical functional toolset.
- Governance: Implement and maintain functional governance standards, and provide feedback on areas of opportunity.
- Regulatory: Serve as the financial backbonefor regulatory filings, support, and defense.
- PG&E Business Finance Experience
- 5 years analytical experience (business, mathematics, statistics, engineering-based) including prior experience leading and developing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Business, or Finance
Desired Qualifications, minimum above plus
- Value Integrator exposure and implementation
- Six Sigma / Lean experience
- Experience working within utility industry
- Working knowledge of SAP R3, SAP BW
- Master's degree in Finance, Engineering, Economics, Business, or related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication and quantitative skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and relentless continuous improvement
- Experience leading and developing strong teams
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Strong understanding of Accounting principles and overhead allocation models
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.