Business Finance Analyst, Principal
Requisition ID # 92828
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: Finance
Finance’s vision is to build and sustain leading finance capabilities to support PG&E’s vision.
Provides operation finance support for business units and LOB leaders within a governance structure that guides business decisions, capitalizes on investment opportunities, reduces costs, and enhances operational effectiveness. Creates and drives Business Unit (BU) financial plans to meet financial objectives. Monitors and reports financial results. Provides recommendations for decision making. Provides financial, operational, and regulatory decision support. Ensures compliance to financial and regulatory policies. Identifies and drives cost and productivity improvements.
- Provides guidance and strategy in developing budget (expense, capital, and expenditures) and monitor, forecast and report on budget performance.
- Develops and implements effective business strategies in support of the company and department.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Responds to data requests for areas such as incident investigations, compliance and regulatory audits, or customer inquiries.
- Provides guidance on using or enhancing existing financial models and/or developing new models for analysis and reporting.
- Plans and oversees the preparation of long-term financial forecasts for leadership.
- Leads complex and major projects which may be cross functional.
- Works on unique and complex problems having broad impact that require in depth analysis and judgment to obtain results or solutions.
- Provides guidance to others regarding the interpretation of policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations.
- Conducts highly complex root cause analysis and develops corrective actions to resolve deficiencies.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 8 years
- Masters Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Job-related experience, 10 years